zenith part name

Hey

I am back working on this zenith 2542c. I have fitted a balance complete and all was well and i noticed date was not changing so i stripped down the calender side and i have come to this wheel with teeth missing. ( i am presuming this may be the problem)?. I cannot get a work sheet for this caliber so cannot look up the part name. Is it the date jumper? date jumper wheel? or what?

Part name and number would be nice.

pics below

cheers

gary

Edited by gary17

Hey 

Yer that part HSL gave is for the wheel above (the empty wheel space. )The base cal is 2540.and the sheet he sent is for 2522 which is not in the 2542 c family. 

Just need name of the circled part. 

Cheers

Gary

You have the complete collection , just look forward in the sheets they go from 2522PC - 2562PC.
For movements this old there seldom are any step-by-step instructions look in the 2552PC sheet for the numbers.

hey

Sorry it might be the complete collection but still one missing. 2542c. I know ranfft says and movado say such a thing but there is not the piece i am showing in my pic. 

I have looked at the worksheets for 2522,2532,2542 etc with or without the p or pc and none of them look like this part.

I think its the date jumper but all date jumpers shown on the work sheets i have show this as a wheel but with out the slot in it..

HSL has given me all the worksheets he has and pointed me in the right direction which im gratefull for (thanks) but i cannot see the part in any of the literature

The interchangeability list for the jumper says it derives from the 2572pc and is number2575.

but i still cannot find a picture or a drawing of this part.

if you look at the wheel i have circled it consists of a wheel with a slot cut out of it.  on top of that secured by a screw is a collar with a pertrubing finger that fits into the slot in the wheel. none of these pieces are on any worksheet for cal2540 (ranfft call base) up to( 2572pc that interchangeability seems to say is a dirivative ???? of the base.)

surely we have someone in here who knows zeniths.

cheers

gary

hey

Also the piece shaped like an ear underneath the wheel is not shown in any of the calander parts lists.

plus being in french dont help

sorry peeps its driving me mad.

Edited by gary17

Date Finger Driving Wheel, Zenith 2572PC 2615

ZEN2572PC2615A

In Stock

£13.50

EACH

Qty

Screw For Date Finger Driving Wheel & Date Finger, Zenith 2572PC 2615

ZEN2572PC2615

In Stock

£5.95

EACH

Qty

could these be what i am looking for

Hi again Gary ,
The parts for the calendar is the same for all of these Zenith movements regardless if it is a C or PC the main differences between them is that your model C is manual wind and the PC is Automatic.
The only one in the 25XX series you can’t take all calendar parts from is the 2522 since instead of a finger it has a small nob on the wheel changing the date instead of a finger.

Pictures and numbers usually are the same regardless of language but just to clarify what the parts names and positions are I add this picture for you.
We have the (2542) the double calendar setting wheel which is driven by the hour wheel. If you don’t have this you need to order this part too.
The double calendar wheel drives the (2615) date finger driving wheel, this is the part you have the three damaged teeth on. As you see there is a slot in this wheel and there are where the (2552) date finger goes.
What you have to investigate first is why those teeth on the date finger driving wheel is gone, usually when it looks like that one has mounted the date wheel wrong, it is jammed. If something doesn’t go easy one can’t just force the date change.
Next you have to see if you have the double calendar setting wheel. Otherwise, the date will not change.

Now I will go back to the BBQ and pop a beer or 20…

ZenithCalendar.png.34f832b64538fcce8afadc8c7de05e5f.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys been working on this watch a while now put it back together and noticed calendar not working. Seen some teeth were missing from a wheel and with help frompeeps on here (HSL) i managed to order thge correct wheel. After putting new wheel on and trying it there was still resistance and the wheel would not turn and so the calaendarf would not turn. I did not want to mess up the wheel so investigated a bit more. The part in the first pic (Boscule de d6clonchement de I'indicoteur
de quontidme) the hole should line up with the hole just beneath you can see in pic 3. In pic 4 the parts called (Ploque de mointien de boscule de
d6clonchement) goes on top the circled parts are circle 1 and 3 take screws and when i first saw it . it had a bit of metal going through the (Boscule de d6clonchement de I'indicoteur de quontidme)

and the part  (Ploque de mointien de boscule de d6clonchement

Now i know this is wrong but what should be there?

Sorry about the french but its the only thing i have.

cheers

gary

IMG_20210722_192448.jpg

IMG_20210722_192622.jpg

IMG_20210722_192738.jpg

IMG_20210722_193039.jpg

Edited by gary17