Hello From The New Kid On The Block.

I'm a newbie to the forum and the hobby. I find it relaxing and have been

bitten by the bug. Since I started this hobby 3 months ago, I have managed

to get a lot of the requisite tools and even the non-essential tools ( for my level ) in anticipation for the the need.

I am self taught. Basically jumped in head first after doing a lot of reading and webbing. My first victim was a caliber 1030 model 6569 that hasn't been serviced since the 70's ( hasn't been running for decades ) , my second and third victim a cal 1215 ( rusted stem ) and cal 3135 ( broken intermediate wheel ). My fourth another 1215 with a broken stem. The good news is that all of them are now working 3 out of 4 US cleaned and lubricated. The great news is that I have relatives that have watches sitting around that have not been working and have basically given me the watch to work on without any expectation of it being given back in working condition. All this have given me a little exposure.

As par for the hobby, I have managed to sent parts off the table ( 4 to be exact ) but have managed to find them. I also have fractured a hairspring at the stud. I bought a " balance complete " to get this watch working. I was on a

mission.

I have found a hobby that relaxes me and challenges me without the accompanying aggita. This forum and specially Mark's You Tube Video

has given me a wealth of information . I look forward to enjoying this

experience.

Cheers,

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Ed to the forum lots of members the same as yourself (including myself) self taught,learning by mistakes, Marks vids and many, many text books.

​There is always seems someone who seems to know how,where or how much on this site.

Enjoy your hobby & enjoy your visits to the forum.

A warm welcome Ed, and many thanks for taking the time to put together a quality introduction.

You're obviously doing very well at this stage of your horological adventure and I'm already looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future. We all like to see pictures, so it would be good if you could post some whenever possible. :)