Rolex bracelet repair

My neighbor asked me to look at his Rolex.  His bracelet broke a long time ago, so he bought another Rolex rather than have the bracelet repaired.

You can see in these pictures that there is stress on the metal that wraps around the pin. 

Will the metal stand the stress if I bend it back around the pen...or will it be too risky?

2021-07-09 12_05_43-IMG_7419.JPG ‎- Photos.png

2021-07-09 12_05_18-IMG_7418.JPG ‎- Photos.png

1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

Probably not as the metal is already fatigued and any re forming weill over stress the metal. It may hold for a while but will break again.  A bit poor for that class of watch though.

Kinda what I figured as well.  Here is a possible solution that appears very inexpensive.  Pretty sure it is the correct piece.

• Like 1

Your jeweler can fix this.

Use a torch  to bring the stressed part to a glow, it will bend with ease and wont break then. Some folks solder more metal onto the streesed seam,  then file to shape and polish. 

It might eventually break again as weasol says.

• Like 2

Since it’s a Rolex, and what looks like probably quite a fancy one, I’d get a replacement link, or buy a European or USA-made link and adapt it to fit and re-finish to match. 

• Like 1

That link is toast, you should change that link there are lots of them out there.
Some curiosity about this one 62523-H14 F3, the clasp tells a story to F3 says it was made around 1981.  It should have stainless and 14 carat gold links. The broken bracelet matches the Rolex in the picture. You need two fittings too if they gone lost when someone changed the bracelet.
You can change that link yourself without any problems and the best thing is the bay is filled with them, would be a shame to not fix it properly. Just push out the pin holding it in place a 10-minute fix.

Edited by HSL

• 2 weeks later...

I received the end piece that I found on Ebay.  You can see in the picture after I attached it.  Notice that the end piece I bought was meant for the OTHER bracelet section--as such it is too wide.

I only paid $120 for this, so not much invested so far.

I am thinking of just cutting it and polishing out my cut.  Notice that the replacement piece uses heavier gauge metal.  This is a good thing as long as it fits once the buckle is closed.

Three factors to consider: 1) the bracelet is currently useless unless I do something, 2) the end piece I bought is only a minimal investment, and 3) if I ruin the end piece that I bought, the rest of the bracelet remains pure.

Comments???

2021-07-24 10_40_57-Drawing1 - Microsoft Visio.png

I’m not sure if you would be able to simply cut the width of the link down. If you look at the original part then I think the narrow section is longer than the corresponding link on the other side. There is a flat on the link. It may be ok if you simply cut the link down, but you would need to check that it interfaces correctly when the bracelet is closed. 

Also, in case you don’t know already, the riveted pins are removable - don’t attempt to open any links to press them around the riveted pin - just buy a new pin. I repaired a badly damaged Rolex sub bracelet last week. 

• Like 1