New User saying hello

RayTee

Hi all, just to introduce myself before asking what will no doubt be a lot of silly questions 🙁

Recently retired and starting out in the world of watch repair. I find it an absolutely fascinating art and now wish I had started years ago.
like many others I have watched countless youtube videos but still find it all a bit daunting. 
Guess I’ll have to take baby steps for now and take my time 🙂 

Seems like a nice friendly forum and a lot of very knowledgeable people on here.

thanks

Ray T 

• Like 1

Hi Ray. Welcome to WRT forum .

Start with two cheap scrap pocket watches, carefully selected you should end up with a working one out of the two and gain confidence too.

As our good moderator oldhippy says ," no question is silly". 

Good luck

• Like 1

Thank you very much guys. That’s sound advice and quite a comprehensive list of tools and a very in-depth guide. 
I love the way you explain the reason for certain choices of tools, and share your own experiences as to why you made those decisions. 
I do have a few old watches to start “ playing” around with but no pocket ones . . I do however see the logic in starting with the larger one.

Thanks again for the help and guidance gents

Ray T 

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

Everyone has to start somewhere, we don't treat any questions as silly. I little tip when asking if you can provide a good clean photo it helps,  it can help others that might not be so knowledgeable as some, it also helps more to take part.  

• Like 2