Allowed post subjects

21 hours ago, jdm said:

this forum has not been created and maintained with the Admin's money to serve as a soapbox,

perhaps somebody needs to rewrite the rules on the message board? This appears to be the "Relax Zone: Chat About Anything Here" so it appears to be that whoever wrote up the original rules didn't anticipate this kind the discussion so maybe new rules need to be written to clearly define what actually can be discussed here like yes anything but only if we approve it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

perhaps somebody needs to rewrite the rules on the message board? 

No need. Your quoting missed my previous statement: 

Political postings are not precluded by forum rules (but please just follow them:  https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/guidelines/)

So if you want to make these, go ahead. Then if people will like them, or feel "soapboxed", they can express that with the emoticons or an answer.

Thank you for understating the spirit and work of involved in keeping a friendly (and free talking) forum.

My Take on the Chat about anything part of the forum is just that,  as long as it is not for scoring points  or otherwise and covers matters pertaining to the watch repair and parts supply industry. There has been much discussion over the brexit issue and the supply of parts from the UK and I for one like to know how our friends in other countries get on, anyway stifling debate is un democratic.

• Like 1