Aquastar watch--how to open??

I have been considering getting one of these. 

SG$ 51.86 8%OFF | Universal Watches Back Case Opener,16/20/23/26/30/34/40/45 8 size Rubber Suction Type Watch Back Opener,watch tools https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL2mU3n

It's supposed to be able to work on most casebacks.

If the caseback is stuck, glueing a large nut to the back trick really works.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

I have been considering getting one of these. 

SG$ 51.86 8%OFF | Universal Watches Back Case Opener,16/20/23/26/30/34/40/45 8 size Rubber Suction Type Watch Back Opener,watch tools https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL2mU3n

It's supposed to be able to work on most casebacks.

If the caseback is stuck, glueing a large nut to the back trick really works.

Considering the cost of the real Bergeon 8008, I would order the real one instead of AliExpress.

If it is too tight, I agree with others a bench tool is the best way to open without damaging or glueing a large nut too (there are threads about that and acetone can dissolve epoxy glue).

1 hour ago, Xilikon said:

Considering the cost of the real Bergeon 8008, I would order the real one instead of AliExpress.

If it is too tight, I agree with others a bench tool is the best way to open without damaging or glueing a large nut too (there are threads about that and acetone can dissolve epoxy glue).

Sorry, I'm not picking on you...

But you are comparing apples to oranges. A similar Bergeon tool will cost £300.

And acetone doesn't dissolve epoxy. It softens cyanoacrylates. Epoxy is remove by gently heating it.

11 minutes ago, HectorLooi said:

But you are comparing apples to oranges. A similar Bergeon tool will cost £300.

As mentioned, Bergeon 8008 is the grippy ball and cost GBP4.50, but it carries the number 8 to be humorous.
The classical bench opener is Bergeon 5700Z and cost GBP 495, or a 1/3rd of that if from China. 

More tools

:

I have the ball and an LG case back tool.  Neither are working.  I am going with the nut idea. 

11 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

glueing a large nut to the back trick really work

I just LOVE this forum!!

Guessing that acetone will release the nut.  I will remove the gasket from the case back first!!

BTW, the huge case clamp was part of my inheritance.  My Dad must have dealt with this problem a few times himself.

2021-06-20 11_56_39-Window.png