Chronoglide Watchmaking

This is a guy I have been watching on Youtube. He has some very good and interesting videos to watch some are for those just starting out.  Here is a a nice one from him about Tweezers. He has a very good one on watch oils and grease.  I have subscribed to his channel and I hope you will do the same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Definitely a professional.  He is so far removed from those other videos you showed us previously, where the "repairman" went after parts with big pliers and carpentry hammers.  I like how he demonstrates and explains.  I am subscribing too.  

22 hours ago, oldhippy said:

This a guy I have been watching on Youtube. He has some very good and interesting videos to watch some are for those just starting out.  Here is a a nice one from him about Tweezers. He has a very good one on watch oils and grease.  I have subscribed to his channel and I hope you will do the same. 

Thanks for the heads up with this one. I think I’ve watched them all now !!!!!! and very informative indeed. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 5:43 AM, oldhippy said:

This a guy I have been watching on Youtube. He has some very good and interesting videos to watch some are for those just starting out.  Here is a a nice one from him about Tweezers. He has a very good one on watch oils and grease.  I have subscribed to his channel and I hope you will do the same. 

Kalle (I think that’s the spelling) is a very nice guy on the videos! I love how he’s always smiling. Definitely good info

On 6/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, oldhippy said:

I have subscribed to this guy too I highly recommend. On one of his vids regarding regulation he sets a newly serviced watch to + 1 to +2 secs because over a period of a couple of years this will slow to zero. This is high end servicing.

• Like 1

I've been watching his work for a while now and he explains things really well. I've been advising my students to watch his work as well, especially about the tweezers and lubricants. Strangely enough, he uses the exact same lubricants I do, apart for the Kluber, but as they say 'Ask 10 watchmakers which lubricants they use and you'll get 15 different answers'

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, oldhippy said:

This is a guy I have been watching on Youtube. He has some very good and interesting videos to watch some are for those just starting out.

The intro is like something from a tv show but the instructional parts seem to be from a live training course. I'm 5 videos in and hooked, will be watching them all, great find!

Chronoglide's video on screwdrivers had a few interesting tidbits I found really helpful in my selecting my first good screwdriver set. I found it very interesting especially when he talked about how he actually handles/uses his fingers for screwing in screws on watches vs what he was taught in watchmaker school.