Wittnauer C11G ??? What is it?

This is part of my mainspring search, but thought I would make it a separate thread because this is more general.

I see a genuine part for sale on ebay: Wittnauer CAL. C11G

For the life of me, I cannot find any documentation on such a CAL.  Ranfft is no help this time.

Some of you data warriors might have the right stuff to figure this one out.

Since you're looking at ebay then search for wittnauer movement C11G and you'll see an example which the seller helpfully confirms as equivalent to an ETA 2853.

Tracking down your other post you mention and a C11KS is what you're after? As well as this post being potentially useful ... https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/7977-instructions-for-wittnauer-11-12-ligne-11k-series/ .. it confirms same family info as ranfft. So rather than just search for your specific movement go for base i.e. 11K. A search for wittnauer 11k mainspring reveals a couple of US sellers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WatchMaker said:

A search for wittnauer 11k

Indeed.  And I had done that as well as scour ranfft and other sources.  The 11k without the "C" was bothersome.  At any rate I just bought the 11k from the gal in florida (bought several things from her already...she has a treasure trove of stuff).  Anyway, it will show up and I will see.

Edited by LittleWatchShop