Seiko 6530-5810 RO replace crystal

Hi

Seiko 6530-5810 RO

Does anyone have any links to tutorial or guidance how to replace the crystal

Im used to working on pocket watches but a friend has asked if I can replace crystal in this watch for them 

Thanks 

Bill 

IMG_4846.jpg

Sometime these pop out pressing with the thumb, it not use a crystal press with a shaped die. Then if there is no gasket just clean all around and apply a bit of crystal cement.

Note that if it's just about the crystal being scratched it's probably more practical to polish it in situ as that avoids both removing/ refitting and getting a perfect replacement.

• Like 3

I have attached a pdf which describes where to find the full case number.  I have detail of 9 different crystal fittings for rectangular/square cases.  If you can find the case number as indicated the I can probably pull out the correct one and possibly the Seiko crystal number. 

As above, if it is plastic then easier to polish out.  If hardlex glass the can be done but much more difficult and easier to replace crystal if one is available (check out Sternkraus).

1545662547_SeikoCaseInfo02.thumb.jpg.073c3af11afddf9cdf06552eb66a15dd.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, canthus said:

If you can find the case number as indicated the I can probably pull out the correct one and possibly the Seiko crystal number. 

The case reference is in the title of this topic.

Worth to note that finding a Seiko crystal P/N on the websites of material houses like Cousins UK, Boley, ST supply, etc. doesn't mean that it's also actually available, or if it is, compared the overall cost is reasonable for the objective value of the watch.