Needing Watch Bezel

1 hour ago, MarkosAurelius said:

But why not for these types? 

Probably because these brands are not popular, I for example have never heard of them. 

Anyway, there is no secret place for parts, everyone does the same searches whic reveals the same sellers. If you are OK with plastic you can have these 3D printed as a service. 

I hadn't either  until I got one in a watch lot from Etsy i purchased and about fell out of my chair when I saw what some really junky ones were going for on Ebay.  Problem is..the bezel is so old It chipped when removing it. THere is a stainless steel band that runssss just inside it on the back.  You know what gets me is they aren't much different than what's been made for Vostok, Seiko, or even Rolex.  I just nees some dimensions of those brands as I could narrow down a fit with  them.   Any diver watch has some accruting value to it.  Thanks for the info. These sellers of bezels seem to make a huge thing out of them. And some of them are really too expensive.
I want them to be original  Black plastic.  Can a 3D printer put the printing of numbers and countries on the face of them as well?  Where is this service?  3D printing did cross my mind. I considered scraping up some cash for one . 

Thanks again!

wolbrook.jpg

Chateau1.jpg

Saxony1.jpg

Edited by MarkosAurelius

8 hours ago, MarkosAurelius said:

Any diver watch has some accruting value to it.

Have you checked if these are pin lever, or manual wind movements, as there is not much objecti value and interest in these. Also, for a correct restoration the mov.t must be serviced also, which significantly increase cost.

I want them to be original  Black plastic.  Can a 3D printer put the printing of numbers and countries on the face of them as well?

Yes, or can leave embossed for some painting.

Where is this service? 

Anywhere there is someone is willing to make his printer work for others. They may advertise on online marketplaces, etc. However if there is no ready model, one will have to be adapted or created in CAD. That is the work that takes up more human time and skill, and would cost more.

16 hours ago, MarkosAurelius said:

3D printing did cross my mind. I considered scraping up some cash for one

I do lots of 3D printing.  I don't think you would be happy with the result.  There are higher resolution printers than mine that might be able to pull it off, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, LittleWatchShop said:

I don't think you would be happy with the result. 

Based on my limited experience, a basic printer should do for making a no pretenses rotating bezel for an economical watch that originally had a plastic one. The top face would have to be sanded, but if it had embossed numbers these could be filled with contrasting paint. The knurled border should be no problem. 

5 hours ago, jdm said:

a basic printer should do for making a no pretenses rotating bezel

Perhaps, but not with embossing and numbers and such.  I have a Lulzbot Mini.  Been printing for about four years.  I love it, but if I ever try to do something small and precise...I am disappointed.  Maybe it is just me.