Kienzle 606 problem

MiD

Hi, I'm looking for a Kienzle 606e movement.

I have one, but it's damaged, and I don't know how to fix it. It's something about the spiral that doesn't work. If I push on it, it runs...Thanks for support.

In the image attached you see, when i give some pressure on the element with a pencil, the movement starts running...you might notice that the wire around the element seems to be damaged. Does somebody know if it's possible to fix this part of the movement?

IMG_1134.thumb.JPG.68287ec957dfdc4bfbc5b13edb1a055f.JPGIMG_1133.thumb.JPG.2b3c4437d57ae4e6cac81141af64ab10.JPG

German alarm clocks aren’t my specialty, but what you are pushing at is probably the click and what looks like a mess is the click spring.
What probably happens is when you push at that spot you probably release the mainspring somehow and it powers up the drivetrain temporarily.
So I think what your clock needs is a good cleaning and lubrication afterwards.
Of course one could fix that click spring while you at it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HSL. I have discovered more problems with this movement: 

I've realized that the movement spring is missing...Also, the spring attached to the clockwork gear wheel is damaged...See images. I'm trying to get the missing pieces. Could you help me with this? I think I need a new mainspring and to fix this tiny wire that pushes at that spot. 

I haven't found such a movement to buy online...

Br, MiD

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG

I took  look too, these seems to be thrown away hence the lack of spare parts.
But at ebay.de I found an Ankra with the same movement in it.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/223952948209?hash=item3424a2cbf1:g:IlgAAOSwfZpedgXA

unfortunately there isn't any specific spareparts right now.
https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=kienzle+tischuhr+teilen&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=kienzle+tischuhr&LH_PrefLoc=2&_oac=1

ok, thanks for your help. I'll have a look at it.

"ANKRA Tischuhr Buffetuhr Kaminuhr mit Kienzle Automatic Uhrwerk Unadjusted 606h".

I'm not sure if the 606h is the same as 606e though...

All I need is a spring...Isn't it possible to find a spring to insert (see photo), I thought those parts are standardized?

IMG_1207.JPG

Edited by MiD

I have one of these clocks under the brand name"metamec"  Its a few years old.

The principal is the battery drives the gear work and drives the winding pawl assy, this in turn drives the mechanism at the same time the driving pawl pushes the main wheel. As its driving the wheel and the pawl is moving its winding the spring, on reaching the end of travel the pawl disengages and flies back under tension from the previously wound spring and the whole sequence repeats its self driving the clock. The problem I had was the pawl spring broke and it was skipping the main wheel.

I have not seen another clock like it or any data on it. It dates from the 70s was my Mother in Laws clock and It is only run in frequently

I found this movement very interesting so I fixed one of them, it was actually just a cleaning and some lubrication. Old batteries had let some juice out.

The solenoid kicks/winds the clock up, first of all make it sure it works, i used a bench power supply but you can use a battery pack (polarity does not matter):

https://youtu.be/NdK2gzyJ7q8

Here you can see that the clock is closing the electrical circuit but there is no battery (power source) attached to the clock so it stops. Then (unfortunately you cannot see it) I add power by using two wires coming from my bench power supply to the clock by briefly touching the movement with the wires (1 on the solenoid 1 on the base). So the solenoid kicks in/ winds up the clock.

https://youtu.be/lFgZatjqGFc

In its case with battery:

https://youtu.be/mUs4BwYZmVE

You can be the battery by yourself:

https://youtu.be/lBWK4GOKeOo

I have never seen spare parts for them, but they must exist in drawers somewhere long forgotten. Most ppl would not appreciate these movements so you could buy them for peanuts if they reach the well known auction sites. Only issue that ppl would list the clock without mentioning what movement it comes with.

Best regards,

lui

On 6/12/2021 at 6:14 PM, watchweasol said:

I have one of these clocks under the brand name"metamec"

I also have a Metamec with this same movement. I picked mine up at a car boot sale for a couple of pounds because the movement intrigued me, and I can date it accurately because it was a presentation clock with an inscribed plate that reads "PRESENTED TO W.O.II A. HARRIS BEST WISHES FROM FELLOW MEMBERS SGTS. MESS A & S. H. 1966", A & S. H. being the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.

Having serviced the movement it is now running well and has deviated by less than 15 seconds from my radio controlled reference clock over the last 10 weeks. As well as being a self winding movement I believe that the design also lends itself to a very consistent rate by virtue of only winding the main spring through half a turn. It does this approximately every 3.5 minutes courtesy of the soleniod kick as described by @luiazazrambo above, and because such a small part of the main spring is being used it delivers very consistent torque over a given period of time, reducing isochronism errors considerably. Also, being a clock and therefore not changing position, positional errors don't apply, which means that it keeps very good time. You just have to get used to the sound of the soleniod kick going off a bit like a camera shutter every 3.5 minutes.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

thank you all for reply.

I didn't really understand though, whether it is possible or not to repair the spring as shown in my photo above...?

To wait for someone to show up with spare parts doesn't seem to make sense...

Greetings

Hi 

thank you all for reply.

I didn't really understand though, whether it is possible or not to repair the spring as shown in my photo (1)...? The loose wire must be wrapped around the axis again and then fixed again > See stills (2 and 3) with red arrows from your youtube video (@luiazazrambo).

image.png.5cf08c014ddb3733d443711a93823ec6.png

1094203571_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-26um16_51_45.thumb.png.6bf3f72a1f37823c27ba0a3ae37c51f4.png2022343089_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-26um16_50_26.png.fcddc0c60611250e251bfed9325a4c2f.png

May anybody give me a support in repairing this part?

To wait for spare parts to show up doesn't seem to make sense...

Greetings

Hi  Thats exactly what happened to mine , the spring broke. I was lucky enough to have a tin of coilsprings from my office machine mehanic days and modded on to do the job. I thing if you look on the ebay you should be able to pick up assortments of coil springs, so measure yours   mm/swg  and have a look its not too difficult to make one to fit providing you have the material.