Do I need to explain this one.

oldhippy

It looks like it has had a major drama . The pinion leaves are badly damaged, the crouch is also badly bent. The dial does not fit with the case so I presume it is a marriage of some sort. A waste of £600 for sure.

Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended..........LOL

The case looks to be two stuck together and the movement appears to have been hit with a hammer! and definitely not original. It's such a shame to see these beautiful pieces in such a state. as for the price...crickey!

• Haha 1

Apart from the above comments  I would be very careful buying from some one who's description is badly spelt   The crutch looks like a hockey stick and the plates have sprung causing the wheels to fall out of place. FULLY operational, I would beg to differ on that one. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be great if eBay would allow each listing to be commented by logged in members? It could be a separate link "Member comments" so as not interfere with the listing. Well, it's an idea with many problems, but I do wish there was a way to warn prospective buyers.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bod said:

The description says "needs slight repairs",

?

I was talking to a seller on tradera.se (local Swedish eBay) about a vintage watch which I expected to have a broken balance staff pivot. I asked the seller if he could possibly verify this. Here's what the seller replied:

"Changing the balance staff on an ETA movement is usually not a major problem for the home fixer."

I guess all you need to do is to inventory the kitchen drawer and you'll practically be done. Right?! ?

• Haha 1

Ebay as an open market place attracts all sorts of traders most are honest and will rectify any genuine mistakes others are out to make a fast buck or two. I have had recently to Chinese traders who were just for the want of a better word thieves in as much they advertise goods they have no intention of supplying and as getting a refund through the pay pal machine is practically useless as they get commission from the seller not the buyer.   As VWatchie found out some have no idea at all. I am afraid Ebay is a site in which you pay the money and take a chance, so some times a little research is required to avoid the pit falls.

• Like 2

We do have a jumbled assortment here.

The main ones are

The dial.

The false plate.

The movement.

The seat board.

The case.

They all come from different clocks and cases. The only nice thing about it is the brass minute and hour hands a matching pair and very ornate.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 11:35 AM, oldhippy said:

The dial. The false plate.

The movement. The seat board.

The case. They all come from different clocks and cases. The only nice thing about it is the brass minute and hour hands a matching pair and very ornate.  

Victor Frankenstein Clockworks!
"IT'S (not) ALIVE!!! (anymore)"