Vibrograf B200 servicing and calibrating

I am pondering servicing my Vibrograf B200.  It seems to be working now.  I figure I would replace electrolytic caps for sure.  I assume that it uses a crystal for its time reference.  There is probably a tuning cap to pull the crystal a few ppm one way or the other, so I would consider checking and adjusting. 

Not sure what else...the motor...?

Anybody serviced one of these?

Anybody have a schematic?

• 2 months later...

Agreed on replacing the electrolytics.  From what I understand, that solves 90% of the preventative care issues.  There are no tubes in this, so that's not a concern.  Sometimes transistors go out, but those are generally easy to spot as they often short when they fail.

4 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Just a user manual

maybe you should email the company ask nicely if they'll give you the service manual? I know somebody that did that with the vacuum tube version because they decided it was obsolete they gave him the schematic. Then they used to be service people in the US I know they had a complete service manual of the B 100.

4 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

maybe you should email the company ask nicely if they'll give you the service manual? I know somebody that did that with the vacuum tube version because they decided it was obsolete they gave him the schematic. Then they used to be service people in the US I know they had a complete service manual of the B 100.

I asked Greiner several times over a number of years for a schematic of an old cleaning machine they made (Ultrason U2, cool machine, vacuum tubes and a built in alcohol distiller), and after being told "unavailable" every time, last year finally one of the guys dug deep and found it! Alas, I wrote to ask another question a couple of weeks ago and he has left the company.

Still, it's worth a shot. There are a lot more B200 machines around than the old cleaner I have, and the current crop of folks at Greiner seem really helpful; a couple of months back I wrote some feedback about their new site to the "contact" page (it was pretty severe feedback haha), and got an email from the CEO within an hour asking for further insights, then he gave me some technical advice on a newer cleaning machine, ACS 900, really friendly and cool. All in English.

• Like 1

Many years ago there was a nice lady at Greiner who supplied me with several schematics. Even a few new microphone crystals I got from them. That was before the take-over by Klein, Germany (Timomat etc.)

Later they reacted much more reserved.

Frank