• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Many thanks for all the help and apologies for the delay in responding. I managed to get the appropriate sized screwdriver and did as vinn3 suggested to great effect. This allowed me to slide in the stem and lock it. I was now able to move the hands. However... when i try to wind  the stem it immediately springs back the exact amount i have wound. Also the lower screw in the photo [with the arrow around it] has come loose, I presume i over did it when i opened it previously and have now dislodged the connecting part. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love your feedback, as a novice i do not wish to damage this watch so if you think it best to begin on a lesser models and leave this to the pros i would happily hear this too.
    • If it were a construction site I'd be fired.  An 8-hour day and one successful joint to show for it.  I had to tweak the jig and lots of trial and error before I got my tools to behave.  Having that behind me, the rest of the drawers will take far less time.  So my 14 drawers will be box jointed just like this. 
    • Thanks again, VWatchie.  I think I understand now.  9501 and Molykote DX are for high friction areas.  The inside of the barrel is certainly high friction for automatics; but we're not trying to mitigate friction as much as we're trying to allow the main spring freedom to slide so it doesn't score or foul the internal wall of the barrel.  Yes?
    • Nice one Jon a good job well done
    • Hi I think the genuine part will fix it   after market parts although look the same quite often are not. Consider the crispness of the edges of the pattern part are they sharp if not that is likely the problem sliding over the pin not along it.