Help identifying Citizen movement from the 1940s(?)

I'm looking for help identifying the movement in this vintage citizen watch. I picked it up from a flea market and quite like the look, especially since finding Citizen watches of this age seems somewhat rare.

But, I haven't been able to figure out a model number so that I can start looking for a replacement stem/crown. I can find a serial number of some type that reads 360278 and the letter T under the balance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

See photos of top and bottom of movement.

PXL_20210517_125639866.jpg

PXL_20210517_125555546.jpg

Hi The web site Mikrolisk lists many makers with the T mark, I suggest you have a look through the site. Also it may be Identifiable via the keyless work using the bestfit books. I also notice the setting lever spring is broken.   The bestfit books were made available on the site, have a search Under "Meadiafire. and or bestfit books                 cheers.

Normally sometimes people in the group like me would look in my bestfit book and see if I can find your watch. But I won't do it without a size. The size is measured across where the  dial goes. Then as you need a stem you could also measure that and we can look in the bestfit book and see if there's something close. Because sometimes getting something close in modifying it to fit would be easier than making a new one but it's a waste of time?

It's a waste of time because I googled your watch I found this link. It's not exactly the same as yours but it's really really close then there's some additional links we get a time frame that is a problem. The other problem is how widely where these distributed not just these but what about any citizen watch? If I look in the bestfit book there's less than 10 citizen watches listed. The bestfit book was printed in the mid-60s the first one I think the mid-70s for the second one. The last time I tried to look up a vintage Swiss watch it wasn't even in the book because it was tool.

It's a problem trying to find parts for all watches the reference books were made after they were made and unless her made a huge quantity parts will not be available. Then make it a watch it was made in Japan not widely distributed it may be problematic.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/can-anyone-identify-this-japanese-citizen-watch.4403122/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, JohnR725 said:

Normally sometimes people in the group like me would look in my bestfit book and see if I can find your watch. But I won't do it without a size. The size is measured across where the  dial goes. Then as you need a stem you could also measure that and we can look in the bestfit book and see if there's something close. Because sometimes getting something close in modifying it to fit would be easier than making a new one but it's a waste of time?

It's a waste of time because I googled your watch I found this link. It's not exactly the same as yours but it's really really close then there's some additional links we get a time frame that is a problem. The other problem is how widely where these distributed not just these but what about any citizen watch? If I look in the bestfit book there's less than 10 citizen watches listed. The bestfit book was printed in the mid-60s the first one I think the mid-70s for the second one. The last time I tried to look up a vintage Swiss watch it wasn't even in the book because it was tool.

It's a problem trying to find parts for all watches the reference books were made after they were made and unless her made a huge quantity parts will not be available. Then make it a watch it was made in Japan not widely distributed it may be problematic.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/can-anyone-identify-this-japanese-citizen-watch.4403122/

Thank you for looking into it! So just to be clear, what you're saying is that since the movement likely won't be in the best fit book it is unlikely that it would be possible to determine the size of the stem needed?

If the movement is not in the bestfit book then you cannot look up anything related to it because it's not there. But if you're looking for a stem you might build find something close and buy one of those stems. I've attached an image those of the mentions required the lookup stems in the bestfit book. But just because you find the stem that fits your watch doesn't mean your watch is that watch.

Then I would another website for stems of course the use different letters for wherever the measurements are being made this to be confusing.

https://www.windingstems.com/product.php

Stem size bestfit.JPG

• Thanks 1