Eternamatic movement removal?

I have this Eternamatic that I am trying to identify and hopefully clean without damaging it or the Dial. The movement comes out with the case back, and I am assuming that the crown must be removed to access the movement?20210509_143451.thumb.jpg.4a41e0ed6e035c42e301f44029900ecc.jpg

Could be a two part stem. Some just pull apart, some will come apart if the stem is rotated just right.

My first course will be to try to lever the movement out by prying (gently!!!) under the dial on the crown side while simultaneously rotating the crown.

If that doesnt work then try pulling out the crown. However I would wait a few days to see if any others has had experience with this watch/case before trying.

rgds

Anilv

53 minutes ago, anilv said:

Could be a two part stem. Some just pull apart, some will come apart if the stem is rotated just right.

My first course will be to try to lever the movement out by prying (gently!!!) under the dial on the crown side while simultaneously rotating the crown.

If that doesnt work then try pulling out the crown. However I would wait a few days to see if any others has had experience with this watch/case before trying.

rgds

Anilv

Thanks Anilv, I am not in a hurry but that gives me a couple of options to try, I don't want to damage the dial. After I figure out how to get it apart I will need some pointers on cleaning the dial. It seems that the glue from the gasket has gummed up the edges of the dial. Thanks again for the advice. 

I noticed at 3 and 9, on the sub bezel? there are recesses, which seem to be intended for placing a screwdriver to compress the lens, (if the lens is acyrlic ) and perhaps once the lens is out, the movement and dial exit out the front. If the lens is glass, perhaps those recesses are to lever the bezel/sub-bezel? off.  I remember another watch I worked on, where the movement, dial, stem and all exited out the front, only after the crystal was removed. a Vacheron & Constantin-LeCoultre Galaxy, with a mystery dial if I remember correctly.

Or, as mentioned by someone else, it may be a split stem, or possibly a split stem, and out the front as well. Like the Omega Seamaster Cosmic. Really hard to say without a side view pic.

I believe in any case, that at some point, those recesses at 3 and 9 will be useful in some way. All conjecture on my part, no guarantees, only possibilities.

47 minutes ago, OneBadWolf said:

I noticed at 3 and 9, on the sub bezel? there are recesses, which seem to be intended for placing a screwdriver to compress the lens, (if the lens is acyrlic ) and perhaps once the lens is out

Seems to me that the crystal is out already, as suggested above turn the crown slowly to align the stem joint while lifting up gently. 

5 hours ago, OneBadWolf said:

I noticed at 3 and 9, on the sub bezel? there are recesses, which seem to be intended for placing a screwdriver to compress the lens, (if the lens is acyrlic ) and perhaps once the lens is out, the movement and dial exit out the front. If the lens is glass, perhaps those recesses are to lever the bezel/sub-bezel? off.  I remember another watch I worked on, where the movement, dial, stem and all exited out the front, only after the crystal was removed. a Vacheron & Constantin-LeCoultre Galaxy, with a mystery dial if I remember correctly.

Or, as mentioned by someone else, it may be a split stem, or possibly a split stem, and out the front as well. Like the Omega Seamaster Cosmic. Really hard to say without a side view pic.

I believe in any case, that at some point, those recesses at 3 and 9 will be useful in some way. All conjecture on my part, no guarantees, only possibilities.

Thanks, the top half of the case has set screws that allow you to remove it along with the crystal, now as you see it the dial is exposed and I need to pull the crown and stem to remove the movement. I will try and rotate the crown while prying gently and see if that works. I appreciate your help 

On 5/10/2021 at 4:22 PM, OneBadWolf said:

I noticed at 3 and 9, on the sub bezel? there are recesses, .......... that at some point, those recesses at 3 and 9 will be useful in some way.

Hi wolf,

My guess is that these recesses are the edges of a round movement peeking past the dial.

Anilv