Hairspring concentricity

Hi all! I was looking at the hairspring when  the balance wheel was suspended from the balance cock, and I noticed the concentricity was a bit... tilted. Is this normal, from the way the hairspring is attached to the stud?

IMG_3025.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

18 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Instal the cock-balance assembly on mainplate, the coil you see then is what counts. 

often times on the discussion group we see pictures like yours pictures of people concerned of how bad things look. But that's of zero importance as it's only important what it looks like in the watch.

then background story would be nice? In other words did you notice this problem before you disassemble the watch or did you notice after your reassembled and it just doesn't look quite right?

15 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

often times on the discussion group we see pictures like yours pictures of people concerned of how bad things look. But that's of zero importance as it's only important what it looks like in the watch.

then background story would be nice? In other words did you notice this problem before you disassemble the watch or did you notice after your reassembled and it just doesn't look quite right?

I was looking at everything under a loupe after cleaning the disassembled movement. Wasn't sure if that was normal.

i can't reinstall the balance cock just yet since I am still waiting for a replacement lower shock setting to arrive.

1 hour ago, ifibrin said:

i can't reinstall the balance cock just yet since I am still waiting for a replacement lower shock setting to arrive.

for the fun of it I suspect you'll find you can. Without the lower shock setting it's not going to run but? When it's in the watch itself the alignment of the  pivots with the upper and lower balance holes even without the lower setting is going to look much better than trying to balance it on whatever the heck you have it now.

then even though it's not perfect will get an idea of how bad things look.it's just hard to tell with the way you're holding it because you can't maintain a perfect alignment and that alone will make the hairspring look much worse. Then yes it's really really easy if you're not careful and you're new to bend a hairspring removing the entire balance with the bridge.