Noob to watch repair (Karp)

Karp

Aloha All, 

I am new to watch repair. I have always wanted a silver pocket watch so I recently purchase a St Regis pocket watch  to practice on and a Silver Baume Geneve Pocket Watch. I am trained in precision equipment and electronics and have most of the tools needed to perform watch repair. I do not have either watch yet as they are both in the mail but more to come. So no I don't know size, movements or much info as they were bought from estate sale sites. Looking forward to learning and eventually repairing and carrying the silver one.  I welcome any inputs or comments, thanks.

Stay Safe,

Karp

1.jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

Welcome to WRT and congrats on your fine pocket watches! You will find much valuable information and help here.

13 minutes ago, Karp said:

Watch. I am trained in precision equipment and electronics and have most of the tools needed to perform watch repair.

That sounds great! Anyway, if by any chance you happen discover that you're missing that single required tool in your collection, stay away from the toolbox and the kitchen drawer. The "watch tools" found in those places aren't well suited for watch repair. Trust me! ?

Edited by VWatchie
  • Like 1