Oyster Watch Company--is this precurser to Rolex Oyster??

I found this today in my box-o-watches.  It has problems, but it may be worth fixing.  I did a little research and it appears that it might be a watch from a company acquired by Rolex.  I am gonna continue my research, but maybe someone on the forum has some thoughts.

There appears to be a spelling issue with Ralligh...cannot make it out, but there are definitely two "l"s

2021-05-05 13_04_55-Photos.png

2021-05-05 13_04_31-Photos.png

2021-05-05 13_03_53-Photos.png

Not seen exactly the same dial, but the R.W.C. on the case does signify it's a Rolex. 

Well worth servicing.

I got this in a vintage three watch bundle recently, I'm in the process more research now.

It and it's mate definitely in line for service.

DSC08085.JPG

DSC08091.JPG

DSC08100.JPG

• Like 1

It's a Rolex.

It was made around 1940 for the Canadian market.

The movement is a cal 95 and had rwc stamped below the dial.

It is basically a FHF 30 with some modifications.

There were many different names for them like Oyster Junior Sport, Raleigh, Victory, Sky Rocket, Grenville and some more I forgot.

I have 2 both need parts one needs jewels and one needs hands. I do not always have the cash to spend on my hobby so they have been sitting a while. The crown is going to be a challenge to find or really expensive. It has brevet and oyster on it.

maybe we can be of some help for each other as I have not been able to find the right crown tube for both my watches and your's looks in tact.

I have added some photographs of mine and a copy of the 1940 brochure.

IMG_0698.JPEG

IMG_0699.JPEG

IMG_0696.JPEG

IMG_0697.JPEG

1940 - 0710.pdf

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tony13 said:

maybe we can be of some help for each other as I have not been able to find the right crown tube for both my watches and your's looks in tact

I am not sure if I want to invest in this piece because finding the parts may be vary hard as you have observed.  It is probably worth some decent change but it seems rare enough that Ebay listings are pretty sparse...so accessing the value will take some time.

59 minutes ago, LittleWatchShop said:

parts may be vary hard

Nah, the parts you need are quite common and easy to find.

All I need is the measurements of the tube and how it is mounted in the case, a good quality picture from the inside and outside would be really helpful for me.

Further the inner diameter of the hole and outer diameter of the threads.

If you are not too fussy about the crown you can simply use a blank aftermarket 6mm crown or be patient and look for one on Ebay they do show up I just think 150 euro for a crown is too much.

There not that rare if you search for them they show up quite often most people just do not know they have a Rolex.

As for it's value there worth somewhere between 350  for a non runner and 1000 euro for a good one depending on the state of the watch.

Leave it on else you might end up with the same problem as me. ?

Pictures will do. I think the crown tube is screwed in and than later soldered but I did not have the tubes with either of the watches.

I only need to know how it is mounted.

Edited by Tony13