Looking for information on this unusual double signed Balco Admes Corvette

Hello, I would love any potential information I can get regarding this watch. I know that Balco had some connection to Cortebert but am still unsure of exactly what that connection is. However I definitely cannot find anything relating Admes and Balco to each other. The 21j movement is signed Balco and is an ETA 2390. The dial is made by Beyeler & co.

Why would this dial be double signed? 

Also, do you think "Corvette" is the model name? I'm assuming that this watch is late 1950s but would appreciate any knowledge I can get on this piece since I can't find a single one like it anywhere else. Thank you!

16202235057432668202440766853004.jpg

16202235392425488984775343098505.jpg

PXL_20210422_203519136.jpg

PXL_20210422_203942922.jpg

PXL_20210422_203620221.jpg

PXL_20210423_150910567.jpg

Certainly I'd interpret this as a Balco watch and a Corvette model. An ETA 2390, as well as style, dating this to 50s/60s.

The Admes is then interesting. You've not unreasonably taken this to mean the watch co. but looking at Admes watch dials compared to the font formation on your dial doesn't tie up. The 'A' on your dial has a normal apex; on an Admes watch this has a distinct arm (horizontal top). The 'E' on your dial has an exaggerated tie (middle horizontal part); Admes doesn't.

If this were, hypothetically, some kind of historic collaboration between two watch companies would this not be loud and proud in the top dial portion. As opposed to one company having second billing and with the wrong font? And then there's no obvious evidence of any such collaboration.

Also consider that Ball used this Admes reference on their watches too as per image below. Does it have a specific meaning/ relevance? Mmm...?

Ball Admes.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WatchMaker said:

Certainly I'd interpret this as a Balco watch and a Corvette model. An ETA 2390, as well as style, dating this to 50s/60s.

The Admes is then interesting. You've not unreasonably taken this to mean the watch co. but looking at Admes watch dials compared to the font formation on your dial doesn't tie up. The 'A' on your dial has a normal apex; on an Admes watch this has a distinct arm (horizontal top). The 'E' on your dial has an exaggerated tie (middle horizontal part); Admes doesn't.

If this were, hypothetically, some kind of historic collaboration between two watch companies would this not be loud and proud in the top dial portion. As opposed to one company having second billing and with the wrong font? And then there's no obvious evidence of any such collaboration.

Also consider that Ball used this Admes reference on their watches too as per image below. Does it have a specific meaning/ relevance? Mmm...?

Ball Admes.jpg

Thanks for your response! Good call about the font being different, you are certainly correct about that. Very interesting indeed about the Ball watch with the similar reference. Hoping someone will know what the significance of this might be!