Hello

A little bit about me.

I always had a passion for watches and as a kid I had one and the guy at the jewelry store told me it could not be fixed anymore.

This has always kept bugging me ?

After many years of racing motorbikes I eventually crashed in the Isle of Man and broke my back.

Since that day I have much more time so I picked up some old watches and started tinkering on them.

Now I am able to fix most issues I am far from an expert but I really enjoy it.

I have been leaching this forum for knowledge quite some time as I am not really a social media person I never got round to creating an account until now.

Welcome to the forum Tony Enjoy.

18 hours ago, Tony13 said:

I always had a passion for watches and as a kid I had one and the guy at the jewelry store told me it could not be fixed anymore.

This has always kept bugging me ?

I love your answer to the jewellery store guys comment. You and me both. (And, no doubt, many others on here. Oo, I just got an idea for another topic) I had a watch repairer in Melbourne say that my Seiko chronograph could not be repaired. Some searching and it is now repaired and running again. Pig's bum that things can't be repaired.

Sorry to hear about your crash. I had a friend who used to race there as well. Ramsay MacDonald. Had some tapes of just bike sounds racing. I was really into it when I was younger.

lol yeah, he could have made a kid happy by just putting in an new movement as they are dead cheap anyway.

But ooohhh no they want to sell a new watch. ?

About the racing, well it's the risk of what you are doing these things unfortunately are part of the game.