I am new and need to learn more

Jannie

Hello and welcome to the forum.  That's a nice pair of carriage clocks Possibly french.  Bothe will have platform escapements which could be either Cylinder or lever. As regards fixing them your self without experience is a dangerous thought, at this point they both require professional treatment, An overhaul to get them back into pristine condition.

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

Looking at the picture showing both clocks

Both are probably French. Both have white enamelled dials with Roman Numerals again both have the hand style of spade. The clock case on the left is the classic style case, the one on the right is the style called serpentine and both are brass.  You have taken photos of the movement that is in the serpentine case, this is an 8 day movement with a cylinder platform, which is not compensated, this means depending on weather conditions it might very in time keeping. It also looks in a bad way and needs polishing and cleaning. Without seeing the other movement I can’t comment on that. If there is no identification on the movements I would say anything from 1850 to 1900.    

Without experience in the field of clock repairs I do not recommend you undertaking the work yourself. 

17 hours ago, Jannie said:

Need advice on what clocks I have and how to date it. 

In my family we have a piece practically identical to the smaller one plus alarm, which after many decades of being only a decoration I have repaired and restored. The cylinder was broken and carried signs of a botched previous attempt. I was able to repair thanks to my Mentor that has an assortment of cylinders plus all the related knowledge and then some. I still have make a detailed posting about. Replacing a cylinder is not difficult but neither something a beginner without tools and experience should try.

9 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

Looking at the picture showing doth clocks

Both are probably French. Both have white enamelled dials with Roman Numerals again both have the hand style of spade. The clock case on the left is the classic style case, the one on the right is the style called serpentine and both are brass.  You have taken photos of the movement that is in the serpentine case, this is an 8 day movement with a cylinder platform, which is not compensated, this means depending on weather conditions it might very in time keeping. It also looks in a bad way and needs polishing and cleaning. Without seeing the other movement I can’t comment on that. If there is no identification on the movements I would say anything from 1850 to 1900.    

Without experience in the field of clock repairs I do not recommend you undertaking the work yourself. 

Thank you for this valuable information. Can you give me any recommendations on who can help me as mentioned 

On 5/1/2021 at 5:09 PM, Jannie said:

Thank you for this valuable information. Can you give me any recommendations on who can help me as mentioned 

If you go to the BHI (British Horological Institute) web site they list accredited watch makers by area and country. 

Well, not only did I inherit a box-o-watches, I inherited a wall-o-clocks.  This post reminded me of the carriage clock I have.  I took it off the shelf, disassembled it, cleaned and oiled.  Note:  this was not a professional cleaning...just wanted to see if it had a prayer of working.  It is working great.

There is an issue with the regulator arm that normally sits underneath the plate with access through the half moon slot.  Somewhere along the way of its life, it was either lost and replaced with one too short, or someone ground it down or whatever.  I need to make a new piece--should be straightforward.

This is not an expensive one like the OP, but nice.

2021-05-02 08_03_24-Photos.png

2021-05-02 08_03_12-Photos.png

2021-05-02 08_02_54-Photos.png

2021-05-03 07_56_04-Photos.png