Hello All

redial62

I'm Kenny from Rock Island IL.  My son came to me one day with an old 1911 Elgin pocket watch that was my great grandfathers when he worked on the rock island lines.  it was old dirty and did not run...I was intrigued and instantly hooked.  many $$$ tools later and a drawer full of watches that didn't work. I found myself fixing and restoring.  I like doing old pocket watches. cheap .. or kind of expensive. its the challenge that gets me.  I'm very patient and normally figure out the correct way to fix.  I've only had one failure out of 12 attempts so far.  I saved it for later as I increase my learning. I hope to learn more. 1 dollar watches or more expensive, I love bringing these back to life.  I have a pocket watch that is giving me fits so I will be posting it soon on here.  I thought it would be easy but it its more of a throw away type disney pocket watch.  I will win this one but releasing the stem is the problem...I am a bricklayer by trade and this helps me unwind. lol no pun intended.   I'll attach a finished product of one of my pocket watches. an old flea market find from wapello Ia. dirt and stem needed adjusted.  40 bucks.  I believe its 123 years old.  

20210414_220354.jpg

Edited by redial62
add more text
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Kenny!  I think we may end up further fueling your enthusiasm.  Call upon us for aid when needed, and we will answer as well as we can.  Feel free to search the forum too!  You'll find a lot of knowledge  and answers floating around in here!