What happened to watch repair channel?

As far as I know, nothing has happened. I'm guessing Mark just doesn't have anything new to post at the moment. He has already covered a lot of ground in previous videos and his lessons. Sooner or later I suppose you run out of things to say, plus you are just too busy with other stuff (like running this forum, for instance).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Iirc the reduction and eventual stopping of new videos coincided with Marks move to Thailand. Perhaps he is now either too busy for new videos or he has lost interest in his YouTube channel, which would be a shame as I for one found them very informative.

Or it's all being kept for his paying subscribers on Patreon or those who paid for his courses 😉

Can't blame him for doing that if true.

It would be helpful to his many subscribers if he was to publish a short video explaining what happened to his channel.

Edited by Paul80
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul80 said:

Iirc the reduction and eventual stopping of new videos coincided with Marks move to Thailand.

Actually it is not so, but that something irrelevant, and personal anyway.

13 hours ago, Paul80 said:

Or it's all being kept for his paying subscribers on Patreon or those who paid for his courses 😉

Indeed many videos, including from level 4 and 5 are only available as 'pre=release' to Patreon 10+, as I mentioned before.
incidentally, in his latest email to Patreon pledgers Mark announced: For those waiting, my apologies, but at the moment I am not accepting new Patron sign-ups.

14 hours ago, jdm said:

I don't know anything about release schedules but Mark has just released some level 5 videos to Patreon 10 and up only:

https://www.watchfix.com/development-platform-categories/patrons-access/

Thanks! What I'd like to have is access to all "Course Development Videos", not just the six currently published (I'm a Patreon 10). I've been browsing the site but can't find any other development videos. I wasn't even aware Mark is working on a fifth course. Is the fourth course already published for purchase? Where can it be found/bought? If not, do you know when it will be published?

EDIT: Just had a look at one of the Course Development Videos and I must say the technical and pedagogic quality is just phenomenal! I really feel like opening up my wallet to get the material in its entirety.

Edited by VWatchie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

Is the fourth course already published for purchase? Where can it be found/bought? If not, do you know when it will be published?

It is not released as of today. I know only what is published on watchfix.com, on the related Patreon page for pledgers, and nothing more.

• Like 1

Reading the watchfix.com posts on patreon.com I just discovered that patrons have access to the chronograph course development videos all the way from C5.1.0 to C5.5.0 (in my opinion world class material both technically and pedagogically). That’s really great, but I wonder what happened to the ”Level 4” course development videos as I'd really like to see those too, or better yet, be able to enrol to the course. I just sent a message to Mark on watchfix.com to ask about this but suspecting he's being very busy I thought some of you already might know?

Just got word from Mark and here's the info I was looking for and it was already available under the FAQ 😆https://www.watchfix.com/tl-faqs/when-can-i-start-level-4-and-5/ (not sure the link will work for non-patrons)

Anyway, "LEVEL 4 – AUTOMATIC AND CALENDAR MOVEMENTS" is estimated to "Late 2022" and "LEVEL 5 – CHRONOGRAPH WATCHES" is estimated to "Early 2022".

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, Paul80 said:

Iirc the reduction and eventual stopping of new videos coincided with Marks move to Thailand. Perhaps he is now either too busy for new videos or he has lost interest in his YouTube channel, which would be a shame as I for one found them very informative.

Can't blame him for doing that if true.

It would be helpful to his many subscribers if he was to publish a short video explaining what happened to his channel.

I remember him mentioning in a video about having a watchpart shipped out to him in his location in Thailand. Arnt watches a massive part of their economy and have very high end luxury as common place. I say this because a mate of mine was there a few years ago on holiday and told me this story.He saw a Breitling dealer and popped in to have a word as he was thinking about buying his very lovely understanding wife a new watch . He was greeted with a coffee and a nice comfy seat to seat in and peruse some brochures. When asked about his budget he replied rather cockily " oh around 8 thousand British pounds but there is so much choice I wouldn't know where to start"  The shop Owner jokingly  said " how about the door you just came through sir, I'm ever so sorry but our watches start from around 36 thousand of your British pounds " . Needless to say he wasn't  offered  a second cup of coffee. So I assume maybe just maybe there is some very serious coin to be made there for anyone that is good with watches. I have now given up my full time job and am practising repairing every waking moment  of the day 😆

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Skyfiller said:

@jdm, @Mark any idea when the site will be accepting new Patron sign-ups?

As I mentioned above, I have no affiliation with Mark's business, and I only know what he publishes. Incidentally I also note that he's not participating in this topic, or the forum altogether, so I'm sorry but you might not get the answer here.

39 minutes ago, jdm said:

As I mentioned above, I have no affiliation with Mark's business, and I only know what he publishes. Incidentally I also note that he's not participating in this topic, or the forum altogether, so I'm sorry but you might not get the answer here.

Mark is still viewing the forum topics though. He did put stop to a thread that started out watch related but then quickly diversed into a well known Eastern European political genocide situation topic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Mark is still viewing the forum topics though. He did put stop to a thread that started out watch related but then quickly diversed into a well known Eastern European political genocide situation topic. 

12 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

FYI, that is not correct. See the previous post.

Which one ?

Just now, Neverenoughwatches said:

Which one ?

There was a discussion yesterday regarding the morals of owning a Russian watch. Mark pointed out after it got too political, that there are plenty of forums to discuss power crazed genocidal manics, not in those words of course as he is too polite and sensible, my own embellishment of those same feelings. Never the less he was present, or with my conspirative thinking mind someone that has access to his account. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• jdm locked this topic