Vulcain Cricket--finally

This project has been ongoing for about six months.  Another specimen from the box-o-watches.  It was a mess when I dug it out.  The dial was a wreck.  It had the alarm, minute, and hour hand but no second hand.  At the time, I did not know it was supposed to have one.  Found out later that the center wheel was busted.

The first threshold was to see if I could get the dial refinished.  I won't go into the ordeal, but it took about four months from start to finish!  I had a crystal in my stock so that was not an issue.

I bought a donor watch that had some of the parts I needed and the dial finally arrived.  This week was the reassembly event!

The last challenge was the second hand I got from the donor.  When I snapped on the bezel/crystal, the second had would not clear and the watch stopped.  This was extremely aggravating and tedious.  At one point, the second hand took flight!!!  I called the wife: "Help!!"  She has a knack for finding things.  I heard it hit the skin drawer.  It was not there.  It had bounced off and on to the floor.  I found it!!

Anyway...it is now running on the bench.  Regression testing as they say in my business.

I am showing two pictures because I turned off the LED lamp so I could bet better color balancing to illustrate that the watch is gold (gold plate).

2021-04-27 08_51_49-Window.png

2021-04-27 08_52_00-Window.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2021 at 8:43 AM, Nucejoe said:

Its the iconic in house vulcain 120. 

Well, not sure about mine.  I have several crystals for the 120 and they are too large for my watch.  I did a quick search to understand the various models but have not come up with something definitive.  Maybe the movements are the same but the cases different.