29C UT

EdB

Hello everyone!

Started a service on my next movement and I am hoping someone has a link for a service / parts sheet for the 29C UT movement. This will be my first movement with the date complication. I currently have the movement disassembled, Pegged out, ran through the cleaning machine and ready for reassembly. I have looked on the Raniff site and found very limited information, Cousins UK didn't have any information either. 

11 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi The closest sheet I can find is the one attached whether its of use to you is another matter.     cheers

Universal_Universal 24, 25.pdf 1.33 MB · 1 download

So I have a question in regards to replacing the end stones on the pallet fork, I'm not sure what this system is. I was able to remove it using the same process as the Inca bloc setting. But for the life of me I can't get it back in the movement. I pinged it away a couple of time but was able to locate the retention spring. It is the type that looks like a U with a tab at the bottom and the two legs curve out. There in no cut away like with some other end stone settings which is making this a task to say the least. Any help / advise would be appreciated. 

Ed... 

2 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

Sanity check your movement against pics of the Seiko 66 but Universal Time was an offshoot of Seiko. If yours has a date then it would be the Seiko 6602B variant specifically ... and Cousins has that download.

Thank you I'll have a look again on Cousins with the Seiko number. 

3 minutes ago, EdB said:

It is the type that looks like a U with a tab at the bottom and the two legs curve out. 

Please post pictures of both the spring and the setting so to be sure what is that you have. 

However it could be done with two tweezers, one holding the U and tab in place, the other easing the legs in, one at the time. 

6 minutes ago, EdB said:

Thank you I'll have a look again on Cousins with the Seiko number. 

Watchmaker, 

Just off the Cousins site and there is no download for the 66028, the search brings up two omega downloads. 

So the first photo is the setting that I am trying to replace the end stone into, the second is the end stone and retainer, the third picture shows the setting complete on the other side of the mainplate. These are for the escape wheel. 

20210426_184550.jpg

20210426_184721.jpg

20210426_184447.jpg

5 hours ago, EdB said:

Just off the Cousins site and there is no download for the 66028, the search brings up two omega downloads.

Hi @EdB. It's here: https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/3111_Seiko 6602B.pdf

[That's a 'B' at the end of the movement ID; you misread as an '8'].

To support the statement you're dealing with a Seiko based movement that's a Seiko Diafix shock spring you have there! With that knowledge if you do a web search, or look on YouTube, you'll find info on how to deal with one.