A little advise needed!

Always nice if you give us a background story? Did you purchase the watch new with the instructions coming with that watch?

Then I have a link where it explains what a Seiko five Is. Notice it does not define a specific caliber so conceivably the setting instructions may be different. On some of the Seiko is pushing in the crown should advance the day date but others you may pull it out to the position in between the setting and in and it should change the day date the same as basically any other watch.

Then it would be helpful to give us the model number of the movement you'll find that number on the back of the case

https://www.seikowatches.com/global-en/products/5sports/about

50 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

Always nice if you give us a background story? Did you purchase the watch new with the instructions coming with that watch?

Then I have a link where it explains what a Seiko five Is. Notice it does not define a specific caliber so conceivably the setting instructions may be different. On some of the Seiko is pushing in the crown should advance the day date but others you may pull it out to the position in between the setting and in and it should change the day date the same as basically any other watch.

Then it would be helpful to give us the model number of the movement you'll find that number on the back of the case

https://www.seikowatches.com/global-en/products/5sports/about

Sorry, I put new old. Its old stock. I found it at a small jewelry shop in South Texas,  its movement is a 6119c Automatic.  21 jewel. It is keeping amazing time. 

I'm thinking the I have a malfunction in the day date setting mechanism. Just wanted to make sure if there was another to set D and D. Thx much!!!

One of the things important to remember with rapid day date setting mechanisms never run them any time around midnight when it's normally changing. There is a possibility depends on the watch but there is a possibility of damaging things. I can't remember on the Seiko is whether that's a problem or not?

I'm attaching the various technical sheets A, B and C Versions. You'll notice in the description at the very top it does describe rapid changing the first two very clearly says pushbutton the third it's not there? So I don't know if they changed how that works or not

So the indication is it has a rapid setting but it's interesting on the CD version where it doesn't exactly spell out how that works.

3106_Seiko 6119A.pdf 6119A-1.pdf 6119B-1.pdf 3877_Seiko 6119C.pdf

Sometimes the underside of the crown gets filled with crud... pretty disgusting stuff. Only way is to remove the crown and clear it out. When installing use a bit of silicon oil on the crown and caseback gasket. You can get silicon oil cheaply at the autoparts store, ask for silicon oil used in automotive viscous coupled fan clutches.

I also seem to remember that some 6119 have a quickset at the first stop when you pull out the crown..worth checking.

Anilv