Help regarding pinion size

Goublin

Hi all,

complete noob here and just started my watch repairing/fixing journey. I have search the forum and online, but I’m struggling to find the information I need. I am currently working on fixing an old oris watch that was my grandads. Unfortunately for me the pinion on the third wheel went flying from my tweezers. I have had a good look, but it’s gone.

my question is, how do I know I’m ordering the correct size ? Any help would be really appreciated 

thank you

Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't want to appear unfriendly, but it's appreciated If you introduce yourself first, and then post in the correct section.

You need to identify the movement. There will likely be a number and a trademark symbol to be found somewhere, usually under the balance.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Goublin said:

Hi all,

complete noob here and just started my watch repairing/fixing journey. I have search the forum and online, but I’m struggling to find the information I need. I am currently working on fixing an old oris watch that was my grandads. Unfortunately for me the pinion on the third wheel went flying from my tweezers. I have had a good look, but it’s gone.

my question is, how do I know I’m ordering the correct size ? Any help would be really appreciated 

thank you

It would be nice for you to introduce yourself first, however to address your current issue you need to identify the caliber of the movement then you might be fortunate in finding a replacement in a material house such as Cousins. 

You can't miss the Oris branding and caliber on barrel bridge of all in-house vintage movements. 

Oris later used Asian made movements which were branded for Oris.

A picture of the bridge layout helps identify the movement.

And Welcome to the forum.