Nivada automatic

A little while ago I put a post on about a case I was thinking about have repaired. 

Why I'm not sure why, I was given it by an old friend, since then a lots happened, I unbelievably have found a case on EBAY, I'm hoping it's as good as the pictures. 

The movement is my next challenge, it's got water in it, as a lot of them did, so it's not brilliant, and the auto work is missing. 

The case back, looks like it's seen better days, but get the drill out and, hay presto. 

IMG_20210416_165641.jpg

IMG_20210416_164555.jpg

Well the next step was the movement once I've cleaned up an got rid of all the rust from the inside if the case and case ring.

I had a couple of the eta 2472 movement's in various states of repair, I found one with the auto work intact, so I thought I'm in luck. 

So I cleaned and serviced it changed the date ring over and got it running, only to find out the the crown wheel and castle wheels where worn out, probably because had been wound but hand most of its life. 

The movement after I'd straightened the hairspring timed it I. Is now running like a dream. 

I'm just waiting on FedEx to deliver the case from Italy. 

Sorry about the drill picture on the previous post, it was the wrong picture and I didn't know how to replace it. 

IMG_20210416_165053.jpg

IMG_20210422_221735.jpg

IMG_20210416_164653.jpg

Edited by antonyh

1 hour ago, antonyh said:

Not too sure why my posts get moved to the chat-about-watches-the-industry. 

As it was a walk through on one of my watches. 

Now moved to the best suited section, as the walk-throughs should have more pictures and details of each step taken. Thank you for your contribution and understanding.