Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I disassembled the lathe I got from my brother and parted out the Borel base and the motor to another lathe setup. 

Now I am back to rebuilding with another motor.  But...no base!!

So I decided to cut a base the same shape as the Borel base and build mounts using printed parts I designed for 3D printing.

Here is my progress so far.  Consider this a prototype.  The woodworking is pretty lame, but once I prove the concept, I will rebuild with a nice piece of wood.

2021-04-16 10_27_45-Window.png

2021-04-16 10_27_23-Window.png

2021-04-16 10_32_51-Window.png

2021-04-16 10_32_22-Window.png

2021-04-16 10_31_56-Window.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  thinking outside the box is some times the answer, as long as the base is stable and vibration friendly should work well.   nice job so far, lookforward to the finished article.    cheers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...