Drawbar repair with 3D print??? The project begins...

I also need an handle for a (bigger) drawbar. Have considered printing one, but I haven't learned CAD yet, and the material and finishing would be limited to what I have.

AliX has various sizes available in hard black plastic, not expensive and will spare my time for other bigger projects.

In my opinion making things is great but when there is a more expeditious way that is the better one. 

This may not look like an improvement, but it is.  My dimensions were a little off, so this next iteration has some adjustments.

I still have gaps, but this is not due to 3D printer limitations, it is my carving away at the drawbar material in order to get a good geometry to fit to.  A hit and miss operation.

Functionally, this one is pretty close.  As I observe the handle while it is spinning, the outer perimeter appears pretty uniform.

So, the structure is good.  I am pondering some form of black putty or something to fill in the gaps.

2021-04-15 07_46_58-Photos.png

37 minutes ago, jnash said:

see there was me thinking you are replacing the whole thing

Not a bad idea really.  If I removed all of the handle, it would be easy to make a very nice 3D print replacement.  I guess, it is seems too drastic to do that...dunno...for now it is functionally very good, so I will put it aside so that I can go kill all of the other rats...