Advice and parts for a JLC Master Quartz, Cal.352

Hi all,

A few years ago, I bought a JLC Master Quartz in a non-working condition (with a 352 movement).  I want to get it running now and am looking for some parts to breathe some life into it.  I did apply some power at the time, but no go, so removed the electronics and tried the continuity of the motor.  It is open circuit, and somewhat small to see where the problem would be.  The electronics seem to be fine as they produce a pulse as required.

Where would I find a motor for this movement, as I cannot find one anywhere..  Is this a common failure, as I have heard plenty of electronics going pop, but never a motor?

Any help would be great.  Also, would anyone have any documentation for this movement?

Thanks.

Edited by tinkerer

59 minutes ago, tinkerer said:

A few years ago, I bought a JLC Master Quartz in a non-working condition (with a 352 movement). 

Can you post a clear picture so that people can tell what it is instead of relying on the designation given? That is practically alway needed when posting questions. 

I want to get it running now and am tried the continuity of the motor.

You mean continuity of the coil? That is the only part of  the "motor" that one can test electrically.

Even though your Watch is really really really common or not a picture would be nice. The reason for a picture is that it makes things more apparent. For instance this is a quartz watch I wonder if we can adopt a modern coil for this watch? After all all the coils look similar?

In the absence of a picture I get stuck googling making a wild guess like does your watch look Like the watch the first link?

Now if it looks like the first link we can make a wild guess like now to grasp what were talking about something different we've discussed something similar before that's found that the second link. Otherwise if your watch doesn't look like the first link the second link probably isn't going to help you.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Girard-Perregaux_352

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/14198-girard-perregaux-c641-quartz-movement/

Apologies folks,  I was a bit too keen without dropping a few pictures into the mix.  The movement is a little different from modern quartz movements where the coil is generally contained within the board and the poles of the motor are quite visible.  This movement has a self contained motor that is fixed to the movement and is connected to the board by two spring connectors.  

Chris Radek has rewound one of these little motors for the same reason, but my capabilities would be somewhat less than Chris's.  I take my hat off to Chris, as it is some seriously fine work.

20210411_193901 1r.jpg

Inked20210411_194136_LIr.jpg