EB 8800 movement

For my very first project I decided to take apart, clean and reassemble an old pocket watch. It's an EB 8800 17 jewels. I looked it up and this movement show it's 1 jewel. I'm a little confused. Mine shows 17 jewels. See photos below.

This is the one I looked up.

1232143341_ScreenShot2021-04-11at10_41_37AM.thumb.png.077ae55c935dbe78c47c0ca7a70f790b.png

This is the one I have. It says 17 jewels. (sorry for fuzzy pic)

IMG_0119.thumb.JPG.26f03ac4e85cb47226dbe0d45c5f5b0e.JPG

45 minutes ago, NicholasG said:

It's an EB 8800 17 jewels. I looked it up and this movement show it's 1 jewel. I'm a little confused.

It was normal for manufacturers to make different versions of a same movement. Sometime the jewel count changed, sometime other elements did. Jewel count was artificially increased for no practical purpose, or decreased becuase of taxation. Sometime the identifier changed, sometime it did not. And you can find a same mov.t under different identifiers, depending on who it was manufactured for. Markings can be present or not, etc, etc.

All that in the attempt to gain a small advantage over competition, that was fierce.

4 hours ago, jdm said:

It was normal for manufacturers to make different versions of a same movement. Sometime the jewel count changed, sometime other elements did. Jewel count was artificially increased for no practical purpose, or decreased becuase of taxation.

Are all EB8800 movements the same size whether it’s a 1 or 17 jewels?