Accutron Astronaut 214 repair help

Hello, I am working on an Accutron Astronaut and after putting it back together, (cased up) I notice it hums, (doesn’t hack) and the minute and hour hands don’t move... everything was looking good during the overhaul. Paul and index line up how they should, the tuning fork vibrates the coils are good. Can anyone with more experience on these help me out? Please and thanks. 

First thing is flip it to setting position and wiggle around the bail. These can get put into set position when casing, the square on the flip up bail needs to seat. The hack mechanism can be touchy and honestly is best left however it is, unless you like decasing and tweeking ultra delicate things multiple times. If it was running fine uncased it's almost certainly a simple stem engagement issue.

• Like 1

The problem with the 214 hack is the instructions are not found in the service manual. They were on a separate piece of paper that almost nobody has. That's probably because no one in their right mind tries to adjust the hack because it's a major pain to get it right.

I've attached the PDF on how to adjust the hack.

214 hack.PDF

• Like 2