Need advice on how to tackle condensation issues on a Rado.

Hello, 

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter break. I need some advice on tackling condensation in an old quartz Rado which I believe is approx over 25 years old. I believe there is a "hot plate" test? What would be the process on carrying out the test? I assume a hot plate can be made at home without paying silly amounts of money for a basic function?

The most I can do is replace the plastic back seal and the mini O ring on the winder if it has one. The glass is a special shape and glued down, it isn't moving indicating the glue is still good after all these years. I'm hesitant to remove it and attempt a re-glue which it probably doesn't even need.

What would your advice be to this customer?

Thanks in advance.

Hiren.

I would personally take the back off and take the stem out, drop everything in a sealable bag with a couple of bags of silica and Leave it for a few days, then replace gasket etc and don’t forget to silicon grease them before installation. 
Put the watch back together and see what happens then.

Thats the easiest and safest option. If it still mists up, start again but pay particular attention to the case back and case for any defects in shape etc ( obviously you would of looked at this in the beginning but check again ok ) if all is ok there it’s got to be the crystal or stem seal so concentrate your activities in these areas  

• Like 1