as 1906 auto wind device

Hey

Anyone got any pics on how the innards of the lower and upper bridge for the automatic device should look. I made the mistake of undoing to many screws trying to remove it. (i removed the screw that kept it together as well). And now i have no pics on how it should look. A few pics  below to show what i mean.

as always any pointers are appreciated.

cheers

gary

IMG_20210328_224042.jpg

IMG_20210328_224051.jpg

Hey

Does any one know is there a special way of rebuilding these things.When the 2 springs take up the slack everything just erupts out of place and its start again. I know how they should go in. Just cannoty get them to stay in.

cheers

gary

3 hours ago, gary17 said:

special way of rebuilding these things

Gary,

I just reassembled one of these in an AS 2063, and have done several others. I have two similar methods. I first place the bottom plate on either a small anvil or on some flattened Rodico, then put the large wheel thru so it goes into a hole in the anvil or buried into the Rodico. I add the other components so everything is level and all the teeth are engaged in the gears or click. The Rodico helps keep everything together and not able to shift around. I then place the springs into position carefully ensuring again that all the components are level so the spring tension force is horizontal and just holding the components in place. Having everything stuck to the Rodico also helps when adding the top plate so things don't move out of alignment, but if you do it on an anvil instead a tiny piece of Rodico can help keep it from slipping too. I do all the lubrication, including the spring tips, after it's assembled.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1