Mido multifort bumper automatic faceplate work

Hello,

Is a while since my last post - I was working on modifying a slim movement.. The pandemic (lockdown) has made it more awkward to carry on with projects - a family member needed a place for their computer. I've been able to do a little bit but mostly when really desperate. I've also changed job to a machinist, which is more physically tiring.

Anyway, my daily wear Mido had 4 worn pivot holes, the barrel bridge was bad, so it presented an ideal time to do a bit on the faceplate.. It's actually been an ongoing project watch for the past few years, a little bit at a time - has had a NOS dial, a couple of new cystals and straps, demagnetised, cleaned. I should have done this job sooner but there's always something more urgent or fun to do, not to mention it was basically a junker when bought.

This would have been quicker with standard brass Chatons, but I've been saving/spending a lot on my car lately. Both barrel arbor pivot holes needed a lot of material to be removed in order to bring back to round. The pivots were also checked and gone over.

IMG_4804.JPG.dd0f546d781bceee0d08a2f84a721325.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

Edited by JGrainger
addition
  • Like 2