Trademark help

Stuart2

Its a German Peerless  by Mathias Bauerle dating from the 1920's , what do you mean by 3x2. I have a almost identical movement that uses two springs to give a full Westminster chime  and strike on the hour it uses a differential gear similar to Gillett and Johnston patent to split the drive between chime and strike, see this earlier post:

After much reasearch I pinned the manufacturer down to Mathias Bauerle, and obtained a copy of the original patent for the two train full Westminster.

A brief history of the company can be found here, they also made mechanical adding machines sold under the Peerless brand.

https://history-computer.com/mathias-bauerle/

1 hour ago, wls1971 said:

Its a German Peerless  by Mathias Bauerle dating from the 1920's , what do you mean by 3x2. I have a almost identical movement that uses two springs to give a full Westminster chime  and strike on the hour it uses a differential gear similar to Gillett and Johnston patent to split the drive between chime and strike, see this earlier post:

After much reasearch I pinned the manufacturer down to Mathias Bauerle, and obtained a copy of the original patent for the two train full Westminster.

A brief history of the company can be found here, they also made mechanical adding machines sold under the Peerless brand.

https://history-computer.com/mathias-bauerle/

Hi wis,

Thanks so much, i call them 3 x 2 as they do 3 functions from 2 springs. Appreciate both the links that you posted. I can't wait to get stuck in its nice to have something different to play with.

• 5 weeks later...

Well i finally got round to this movement and apart from that barrel everything else is fine, i am going to need to make a new barrel and cap, there were smashed teeth where someone had hit the barrel with a hammer on the barrel hook and obviously missed. And the cap was soldered because it didn't fit.