Just a pretty Bulova:

No great achievement of mine; installed a NOS hour hand, and a cleaning for good measure.  I simply wanted to post this here among people who would appreciate a fine vintage wristwatch.  It would technically be a lady's watch.  The gold is thick on it, but I'm sure it's only plated.  I'm wearing it to keep an eye on it.  It was sporadically sluggish before the cleaning.  And so far the hands are not conflicting.  She's a beauty, isn't she?  My watch dealer friend will be setting her out for sale once I deliver her back.  No clue what he'll be asking.

20210326_173657.jpg

20210326_172807.jpg

Edited by KarlvonKoln
  • Like 7

The code "L2" indicated 1952, but this design had been in manufacture since the '40s.  It uses a Bulova 10BT, according to Ranfft.  I usually go more for pocket watches, but I'm seriously considering asking my friend what price he's thinking of putting on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice & likely gold filled, which is significantly thicker than plating.

I really like tank watches w/ Arabic numerals & those particular hands. (not sure what they call them)

I'd go for it. There are probably plenty of spare parts movements to be had & you could keep it running for many years.

• Like 1