New bench light--prototype

I got the new watch bench and finally got around to implement my prototype bench light.

The arm was salvaged from another magnification lamp that died years ago (I dont throw anything away).

The LED strips I got off of Ebay for $10.  There were four strips--I only used three.

The piece of 1x4 came from my scrap yard (LOL).

The mount that interfaced the board with the arm was designed and printed on my 3D printer.

I want to clean this up and maybe add the fourth LED strip.  This is a proof of concept right now.

2021-03-26 07_56_47-Photos.png

2021-03-26 07_56_20-Photos.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I bought something similar on Amazon, and I am delighted. It has the perfect brightness and a smart illumination; it automatically turns on as the ambient light becomes insufficient. It even has a night light plug-in. It's ideal; I don't need to worry anymore about inadequate light. All of this stuff is so gorgeously designed with a modern minimalist look. I also bought this for 10$, but it has 6 pieces per pack and 50 lumens. It's really a bed in roses to install something like this in the house. Or better said an intelligent choice.

Edited by Brytongi

I did a similar thing with LED strips.  I'm also showing you my setup since I've just finished rearranging everything and it will never look this clean again!  I'm still playing with the placement of the scope but eventually I'll mount it directly to the bench and get rid of the heavy base.

image.thumb.png.e8f23f2b46da5d4361324c0884c99f1d.png

image.thumb.png.158e08d436ca2eff28d685398fd61467.png

image.thumb.png.6ab68dbf3865dcef75b85df997ca35d3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1