Seiko Divers watch

I have this Seiko Dive watch that belonged to my brother who has passed.

The number I see on the back is 920060. I am trying to find someone who can repair it or install a movement if that's possible. I do know it is a perpetual movement and that's it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This watch has a lot of sentimental value and I would love to be able to wear it.

20210316_150953.jpg

20210316_151825.jpg

20210316_154407.jpg

The watch has an 8f35 movement.  8F35-0019 is the exact model number and will the most results in an internet search.  The marketing number is SLR001.  8F35-0019 is the number you use when looking for parts. 

I don't have a perpetual calendar watch but I do know that it is tricky to reset after a battery change.  The battery is supposed to last 10 years. 

Hi  I have attached the service sheets for this watch. There is a section on battery changing, Its got to be completed within 3 mins as it erases the calendar data.  so before removing the battery obtain another to effect quick change. Also do not short the battery on fitting as this will have the same effect.   Read the sheets before attempting the change.  

1962_seiko4F32A,8F32A,8F33A,8F35A (1).pdf

Always worth to remind quartz watch owners that their stopped piece will likely work again with just a battery changes, but that is not guaranteed either.

To reset the calender the below video by our host Mark Lovick as an alternative to official guides

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I presume by perpetual that the watch knows when a leap year occurs? I would love to know how they do that?

As explained in the document and video above you set the number of years elapsed since the latest leap year. 

If the battery is replaced when the watch shows its time to do that, it is not a necessary to go through the reset procedure.