Site not displaying properly

Any pointers appreciated, it’s on my work laptop so I’m thinking it’s something the admin monkeys have done. The forum worked perfectly not long ago but now this, see picture. And it’s only this forum that it’s happening to. 

im on google chrome and windows 7 if that helps

9E791231-6D03-4ECF-A976-5C9EFAF92CB8.jpeg

I think that IT departments have the ability to stop webpages downloading the graphics portion of webpages. I have had the above happen on my home iMac, but reloading the page generally fixes it. Different circumstance obviously, but I have had it happen.

As far as I know, when you get this, all the links work correctly, you just don't get the graphics portion. Do you get the same thing happening if you now click on one of the links on the page?

5 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I think that IT departments have the ability to stop webpages downloading the graphics portion of webpages. I have had the above happen on my home iMac, but reloading the page generally fixes it. Different circumstance obviously, but I have had it happen.

As far as I know, when you get this, all the links work correctly, you just don't get the graphics portion. Do you get the same thing happening if you now click on one of the links on the page?

I’ll give you a heads up this evening with pictures of what I see, basically it’s like the picture before but with huge full screen single letters between each subject, I can’t click on a link to see the contents of each subject 

2 hours ago, transporter said:

I’ll give you a heads up this evening with pictures of what I see, basically it’s like the picture before but with huge full screen single letters between each subject, I can’t click on a link to see the contents of each subject 

Have you tried the above said clearing of cache and cookies, as well another browser?

No nothing uninstalled, the works laptop is pretty strict on all things like that, I can’t even have my own desk top background installed anymore as they stopped that with everyone.

I have been informed that there is a new google Update coming soon, so I’ll wait for that to be patched in and see what happens then.

If you are indeed allowed to use your work laptop to view the forum, I would suggest that for some reason your IT department has flagged the page that you are accessing that does not display correctly. Subsequent pages display correctly as their address differs from the address of the incorrectly displayed page.

Might be the result of some automatic security software.

Ring your favourite IT guy at work. Best of luck.

2 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I would suggest that for some reason your IT department has flagged the page that you are accessing that does not display correctly. Subsequent pages display correctly as their address differs from the address of the incorrectly displayed page.

That is technically impossible. WRT (just like any other serious website of the world)  uses HTTPS with which all the content exchanged, including which page is being accessed, is encrypted end to end. The clear text HTTP protocol is disabled. That means that anyone that is even able to intercept the communication, (lke an IT dept) can know that one is accessing it, can block it or even redirect the access, but cannot see or modify what is being transmitted in ether direction. 

I’m open to all suggestions so keep them coming please. I’m going through all settings etc trying to accept cookies etc amongst other odds and sods to try and make it work in the laptop. 
Im still waiting for the update to filter through and when it does that might make a difference but I’m not holding my breath to be honest 

Well I popped into work today to compare settings of laptop to desktop whilst on google chrome, so I set my laptop up next to a desk top logged on and headed to the forum.

Well here’s a surprise, both the laptop and the desktop displayed the forum incorrectly!!
So now I’m stumped, something must be wrong with the internet settings on every desktop/laptop that are on the works system.

Easy isn’t it, to be fair I don’t actually spend a lot of time browsing as I’m more out the office than in, but a little down time Is nice. 
But it’s strange how it’s just this site that doesn’t display, even had the google chrome update done yesterday and still no difference