Where to buy working Timex M23 movement?

Hello

I got back in the hobby and gave an old Timex lady watch another change. Well, I learned that these movements are not meant to be serviced at all, since assembling them again is almost impossible. Anyway, anybody knows where I could buy a working M23 movement and just replace it in the old case? I don't really need to, buy I would like to have it at least working watch in the drawer.

Thanks.

Hi  I have just had a root round my bits and pieces, Lo and behold I have found a timex 23 movement with its balance. The balance is loose with the V conic bearing. So the question remains, what is your location. If you are interrested. Just PM me.   cheers

Many people do service these timex movements. They weren't really designed for it, cleaning was intended to be whole movement with the balance removed. It's definitely tricky to reassemble them, but people do it. If you want to try, there's a service manual for this model

timex_m23.pdf

Edited by KOwatch

plenty of donor m23 movements out there to be found. Most will be good to go with a basic dunk and swish as we "Timexicans" would call it.  Meaning ammonia bath, water rinse, lighter fluid bath, air dry, lube and grease.  No need for fancy timing machines and getting carried away with analyzing the engineering.  These are basic and inexpensive mass produced parts.  No need to take the balance assembly out. just back off the brass end cap some to allow cleaning fluid to do its thing.  Also be sure to let the spring down. If still it does not run, there are millions of others out there to be found.