Finding the "correct" crystal for an Omega C 2576-7

Question

This is an ongoing project for me. I have just replaced the hands and dial on this watch, as well as servicing and replacing some damaged internal parts.

When I got the watch, it had a very poorly fitted crystal that dropped out with very little pressure from the inside.

I have installed a generic crystal that is nice and snug so it is working for now. But I would love to find the right NOS crystal for it. Ebay has many listings for crystals, with the diameter listed, and usually Omega part numbers form the paper envelope, but I am currently lacking the research knowledge to figure out what the correct part number would be.

I know I need a 29.6mm crystal with a silver ("white") tension ring, or at least I am reasonable sure that is correct. 

I have found images of the parts breakdown for the movement parts but nothin similar for the case.

Can anyone point me to a good reference for the case parts?

IMG_4553.thumb.jpeg.83b7d60849fff62b42c4f1af4c39a6f7.jpegIMG_4538.thumb.jpeg.06954273d20467b79f0bf4ef1d242f9f.jpeg

2 answers to this question

Cousins says part number PX5000. But that’s a gold ring type, oddly. I’d try fitting a Sternkreuz ATC which should be a very close match. Size = rebate diameter + 0.1 or 0.2mm. 

If you go to cousins battery on the case number in the document search you'll get the PDF I have attached

On 3/13/2021 at 4:53 AM, rodabod said:

Cousins says part number PX5000. But that’s a gold ring type,

Based on the PDF your number is more or less correct you just have to change one of letters. Then it looks like there's a seller on eBay  not cheap of Although cheaper than what Omega would sell it to you for

63PZ5000  GLASS PLEXI ST RING D29.62 H4.3

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Vintage-Omega-watch-crystal-PZ-5000-for-Geneve-ST-135-012-042-Genuine-100/274690748194

7377_Omega 2576 CK Case.pdf

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I am completely new to watch repair, but after a few days of research, I decided I wanted to repair a broken pocket watch that I had sitting around. After some careful disassembly I opened up the mainspring and soon noticed that the spring was detached from the barrel arbor. It seems that the hook attaching the spring to the barrel arbor has snapped off. I am wondering how it is recommended that I reattach the mainspring. Thanks, NovemberNeptune
    • I am a student and am completely new to watch repair, however have been interested in watches and animatronics most of my life. I would like to start doing watch repair as a hobby and am currently learning the fundamentals. I have many questions and hope to learn a lot from this forum.
    • Hello everyone,   For awhile now I have been working on and designing my own watches. I am getting closer to having all the parts made for me and have started to think about assembly.   I have been working on watches for a number of years now and I always thought little about the process of casing the watch up. It was just the final step. However now that I will be hopefully assembling a lot more watches I have begun to think more about the process and the tools that could make this process easier and ensure I have a professional final product.  Some of the tools I have considered buying,  - A vacuum tool for cleaning the inside of the case  - A hand press for fitting hands   - Plier style spring bar tool  - Stem Cutter    -Wooden tipped tweezers (handling the hands)  I already own a case press and a variety of other tools. Does any one want to give me some thoughts about these tools or what you might recommend? The goal is to speed up assembly, assure no dust gets in the case and not mark up any components during assembly. I plan on spending around 3000 pounds. ($5000 CAD dollars)   Cheers,  Liam Branch 
    • So, the more you guys tweak the more entropy that results.  You are killing us.  Worse than AGW!! Interesting article a must read for horologists!
    • I'm afraid I don't have the experience or knowledge to help you with your questions, but I was thinking that the new part might fit. I would suggest that you could give it a try. Just be gentle and observant and I really don't think there's any risk for any damage to the movement or the part. Worst case scenario, it doesn't fit and no harm has been done.