Looking for Replacement Fusee

Evening all,

Having bought a job lot of fusee’s off eBay and had no luck in finding a suitable replacement, I thought I might ask if any fellow forum members might have a suitable replacement languishing in a box somewhere that I could purchase??

Winding Square Height - 9mm

Cog Diameter - 19mm

Pivot - 0.9mm

Thanks  

When fusee watches were made, even though they were generally made in batches to a given form and layout, all of the pieces were individually fit to each watch, there was no interchangeability. That said, you might find a fusee that can be adapted with some effort. What you need to is the number of teeth in the fusee, and its diameter (precisely, measured over the tooth tips). If you find one that matches there, then you can worry about if it's the right height and other features. Fitting it into the watch will likely require lathe work, and possibly the use of a rounding up tool to reduce the diameter of the toothed portion, and probably some other work. Now that said, it's not impossible that you find a fusee from the same maker and they were consistent enough to make things practically interchangeable for a given frame, at least to an "it ticks" point. Very highly unlikely, but not impossible.