Please help identify movement

Hello folks,

I've just completed a restoration of a pocket watch, but it's some no-name brand, with no logos/names on dial or movement. Since I'm fairly new to this, I was wondering if anyone could help me with learning a little more about this type of movement. It seems like a late 1800's watch, key wound and key set. What sets it apart from any other that I have so far worked on is that this particular movement does not utilize a pallet fork.  Instead, the impulse jewel directly engages the escape wheel. I have never seen such a movement and a google search does not help. 

Would it be correct to assume that the lack of pallet fork utilization causes the timegrapher to go insane and return no results with dots all over the place like looking at the night sky?

Thank in advance!

What you describe sounds like it's a cylinder movement. If you Google cylinder movement you will get loads of information about the design and history of these calibres. 

To identify your particular watch it would really help if you posted some photos, good clear close ups will give us something to work with. 

13 minutes ago, ViktorH said:

That's pretty close, except on my movement, the balance staff has a normal table roller with the impulse jewel pointing down like any other I've ever seen. I'll definitely take a pic later. I bought this watch for fairly cheap and didn't know it had this type of movement.

23 minutes ago, Marc said:

What you describe sounds like it's a cylinder movement. If you Google cylinder movement you will get loads of information about the design and history of these calibres. 

To identify your particular watch it would really help if you posted some photos, good clear close ups will give us something to work with. 

That's definitely the one! Thank you! Your help is much appreciated. 
So can these be adjusted by use of a timegrapher?