The Next Generation Poilishing Machine "jooltool"

Lawson

Hey Guys,

Back again with a new piece of equipment.

I found this whilst researching what to buy for refurbishing bands and cases.  It's called the JoolTool, and was invented by a lady named Anie, a jeweler with over three decades in the trade.

One of the main issues when polishing bands and cases with a standard wheel buff is the skills you need to develop to maintain the lines of original factory finish.  One wrong move on your typical round wheel buff, and you can devalue a piece considerably ... well not any more!!

This is one smart lady, and she has designed a simple and affordable buffing system that takes all the fear out of buffing, polishing, and reapplying the original brushed finishes to any item.

post-246-0-31543500-1428155180_thumb.jpg

Here's one of her video demonstrations :  Remove scratches and polish a Cartier watch

Here's the company website: JoolToolUSA

This is very high on my purchase list for my home workshop!!

An interesting piece of kit Lawson, thanks for the heads up. :)

To be honest, the watch that she polished looked better, but if you look closely at the highly polished areas, there are still a lot of micro dings. I wouldn't be happy with that. :( That said, if you get one and take a bit more time and care the results would be a lot better.

I do all my refinishing by hand to ensure that I keep all edges are kept as per original. It does take a fair bit of time and patience doing it this way, but being retired I've got plenty of time and actually enjoy the process.

• Like 1

I do all my refinishing by hand to ensure that I keep all edges are kept as per original. It does take a fair bit of time and patience doing it this way, but being retired I've got plenty of time and actually enjoy the process. 

Is it possible to get a mirror finish this way? I'd love to hear more, despite countless hours spent polishing with different combinations of tools techniques and abrasives I can only get a significantly flawed mirror finish.

No one ever seems to be able to explain their approach and method (as well as including exactly what specific abrasives and compounds they use) So I've never been able to learn much from other people.  (granted I've never invested in an actual bench motor or pendant motor, so that could have a lot to do with it.)

i have some other stuff to try, but I'm not optimistic, It's a serious thorn in my paw and has been for a while.

Edited by Ishima