Hey man. How did you get the sequence fixed? Mine just spins for a second in the jar then pops right out and next one the same till the cycle is finished. 
Yep, you have to move the arm insode the machine left or right to get it in sync with pressing the buttons that lift and drop the jars. You wil need to unscrew the boot and knock out the metal pin it's attached to.

I don't have the machine to show you but it's doable and easy to achieve.

The first thing I will look at is whether the basket is going up high enough as that usually is a the reason for the jam which knocks it out of sync. If it doesn't then it needs to be topped up with hydraulic fluid.

Good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I had one it also had the ultrasonic device as well, used to clean 3 or 4 watches at a time. The best watch cleaning machine I ever had, nothing could touch it for fine results.   About a month ago one on ebay was going for £400 which was a bargain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RogersWatchRepair said:

Hey man. How did you get the sequence fixed? Mine just spins for a second in the jar then pops right out and next one the same till the cycle is finished. 

That sounds to me like the timer switch is not running correctly. When out of sequence, it will still spend a reasonable time with the basket in the lower height position. It just affects the synchronisation between the jar position and the basket rising and falling. 

On 5/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, jnash said:

Yep, you have to move the arm insode the machine left or right to get it in sync with pressing the buttons that lift and drop the jars. You wil need to unscrew the boot and knock out the metal pin it's attached to.

I don't have the machine to show you but it's doable and easy to achieve.

The first thing I will look at is whether the basket is going up high enough as that usually is a the reason for the jam which knocks it out of sync. If it doesn't then it needs to be topped up with hydraulic fluid.

Good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Haven't had a chance to work on it yet but soon. I appreciate your help. 

• 4 weeks later...

Guys I just received a Master model cleaner and I am going to have to completely rewire the machine. I would like to convert it to a mastermatic be replacing the forward and reverse switch with a time relay circuit. Has anyone done this and if so any guidance would amazing. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
Alrighty! I’ve posted some pics of the watch cleaning machine I have. I’m looking to confirm the basket size I’ll need. Let me know if you need any other pics and thanks again x 1M!!!!

68ba3579069a968511679ae033c9ac82.jpg&key=bcfb502abfef24e42effb2508f7f0e7f93192b91785dc662ab9a1de98492a0dd

c8b06f1f1bb592b1d6a49b8324c59d13.jpg&key=b461dfa869b1bfa1b4a2b97208ae25cecf469947972468b785be332e61b93dec82b3185d3b85cbbcb68396ef4a6f9602.jpg&key=139f51c79e65f054399bd1e47cd0405662a551227db8d619d40c774eab103a41

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did u happen to find large basket for it? I have small and it dsnt do it well. Looking for a larger basket for the same machine

Did u happen to find large basket for it? I have small and it dsnt do it well. Looking for a larger basket for the same machine

I did :) I bought an L&R watch cleaning basket 2.25 diameter with lid and 2 baskets off eBay. Works great :)

I bought an L&R watch cleaning basket 2.25 diameter with lid and 2 baskets off eBay. Works great smile.png&key=dc1fc82fd45ca38edd658bb100589d94611398dde96e12f8605cfc678eeace1e

I got one too but the moment i put in the machine all glue is coming out i really like it but its loosing glue and it has compartments what i like the most. Any clue how i can fix this or ill have to spend again

I bought an L&R watch cleaning basket 2.25 diameter with lid and 2 baskets off eBay. Works great smile.png&key=dc1fc82fd45ca38edd658bb100589d94611398dde96e12f8605cfc678eeace1e

I got one too but the moment i put in the machine all glue is coming out i really like it but its loosing glue and it has compartments what i like the most. Any clue how i can fix this or ill have to spend again

Glue coming out? That seems defective. I’d spend either more on better quality or return for refund

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all;

I am looking for some guidance on an L & R  Varamatic machine.  It seems to be  timed properly but  the basket goes onto the jar and immediately  comes right out and  does spin-off clear at the top of it's cycle rather then stopping in the top of the jar.    It would throw solution all over the place if you used it.     When I got it the  timing screws were  screwd all the way down in an effort to control the time it set in the jars but that didn't seem to work .   Any help or guidance would be gratefully accepted.

I have that exact machine sitting in my garage waiting to be repaired. It ran out of hydraulic oil and the timing went belly up. Just have not had the time to fix. In the mean time I purchased the cheapest Chinese machine named a Pearl (see below) Mine has no timer but considering the price it works incredibly well.

1637028401_ScreenShot2020-08-02at17_08_28.png.c5e10d45629ed58fd0d37876c8ab98f0.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rgus said:

Hello all;

I am looking for some guidance on an L & R  Varamatic machine.  It seems to be  timed properly but  the basket goes onto the jar and immediately  comes right out and  does spin-off clear at the top of it's cycle rather then stopping in the top of the jar.    It would throw solution all over the place if you used it.     When I got it the  timing screws were  screwd all the way down in an effort to control the time it set in the jars but that didn't seem to work .   Any help or guidance would be gratefully accepted.

Hi, firstly, it's worth mentioning that these are absolutely fantastic machines and well worth renovating. It takes a while to get your head around their operation, but this is simpler when the two halves of the casing have been removed to allow you to observe the workings.

One of the most common faults is synchronisation, which is when the main cam which sits underneath the turntable which holds the jars moves such that it is rotated slightly compared to the turntable position. However, it does not sound like you have this fault. The obvious symptom with this fault is that the turntable tries to move when the basket is either in the low position, or rising/lowering.

You describe the basket as spending literally no time in each jar, despite the time duration knobs being set to maximum. This makes me wonder if the "timer assembly" unit has failed. Can you have a look at it? It's an odd device which is a simple switch which has a lever that's motorised which very closes very slowly. The knurled screws which adjust the timing length push the lever on the timer assembly open by varying amounts, and the further they are screwed in, the longer it takes the timer unit to close the switch.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fatcapp said:

Hi clockboy, where did you get your Pearl from?

I will watch this closely as im considering a Varimatic?!?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I picked my one up on eBay. There is another copy of this machine named a "Janta" 

Both of theses machines are just a  copy of the Elama machine. The biggest difference between the Vari-matic and these machines the baskets just spin in one direction, the Vari Matic baskets revolve in both directions when washing. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, clockboy said:

I picked my one up on eBay. There is another copy of this machine named a "Janta" 

Both of theses machines are just a  copy of the Elama machine. The biggest difference between the Vari-matic and these machines the baskets just spin in one direction, the Vari Matic baskets revolve in both directions when washing. 

I can't find them on Ebay anywhere, only on Alibaba. According to the manufacturers website they do one with a reversible motor now.

• Like 1

Thanks Rodabud I have come to the same solution.  This is a second machine that I had planed on repairing and then selling but If I cant I will keep it for parts. and I still have both  bottom units to sort out.

20200803_082519.jpg

20200803_082523.jpg

20200803_082543.jpg

20200803_082550.jpg

Looking at the timer, the trigger bar only moves about 1/32  and it seeps to be way too low to contact anything.  The illustration in the manuel show it sticking almost straight up. That makes sense in that position it would easily make contact with the timing screws.   Does this make sense?

1 hour ago, rgus said:

Looking at the timer, the trigger bar only moves about 1/32  and it seeps to be way too low to contact anything.  The illustration in the manuel show it sticking almost straight up. That makes sense in that position it would easily make contact with the timing screws.   Does this make sense?

That makes sense.. So, each screw should knock the arm on the mechanical timer by a number of mm. You should be able to exercise the arm to see how it operates. If you have a multimeter then you will also be able to see how the switch terminals on the side open and close depending on the position of the arm.

I recommend powering the unit with an RCD at all time, especially when the case is open!