Info on Key Winding Pocket Watch??

The main spring is snapped! ?

Not sure how to go about finding a replacement, is by length? Any idea how to measure the length of the coil?

The inside diameter of the barrel is 16.9mm, the spring is 2.5mm wide and 0.2mm thick.

Obviously, being a fusee it has no return like modern springs, its just a straight coil with a hole on either end.

51A90BB2-299E-4B43-9B8D-5244AB9C43F7.jpeg

48 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

You measure the diameter of the barrel and it's inside height. 

Can’t Find one on Cousins, any other good sources for replacement springs?

The specs are:

Barrel outside diameter - 18.3mm

Barrel inside diameter - 16.9mm

Barrel outside height - 3.8mm

Spring Width - 2.5mm

Spring Thickness - 0.2mm

Spring Length - 410mm

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Have a look at the Resources at the top of the page. As it’s very old you might have to get the nearest to your measurements. You could try ebay.  

1 minute ago, nickelsilver said:

Cousins has it. Search mainspring by size, 2.50 height 0.20 thickness and you will get everything that matches that. There's one for a 17mm diameter barrel which is perfect for you, 50 in stock.

Thank you.

I decided to strip the fusee before looking for a spring and may have met disaster.... after opening the fusee it looks as though one of the tiny clicks has broken off its tip. I can’t imagine this will be easilly replaced!

?

C7A931EE-CE8C-4327-88F2-BE023689911B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Robbie010 said:

Found a job lot of fusee’s on ebay for £15. Took a punt, fingers crossed I can either steal a click from one or simply replace the whole fusee if one matches. ??

There are a few bad teeth on that wheel, that is due to the spring breaking. Lucky the chain didn't snap. You might be lucky with ebay.