Hello everyone, 

I'm just getting into the hobby of watch collecting and repair. 

I'm working on gathering the needed tools and other resources needed to be successful. 

I look forward to learning from everyone here. 

Thanks, 
Matt

1 hour ago, AlaskaMatt said:

Hello everyone, 

I'm just getting into the hobby of watch collecting and repair. 

I'm working on gathering the needed tools and other resources needed to be successful. 

I look forward to learning from everyone here. 

Thanks, 
Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the hobby.   I am newish too - about 6 months and really enjoying it.  Must say it’s an addictive and an expensive hobby.    I hope you have fun.  Plenty of help here as very experienced guys here.   Any questions, please just ask.   

See you around buddy!

Regards,

Yasser (from London UK).

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By phishdude
      HI there, horology fans! I dove into the world of watches a year or two ago, and quickly became a Seiko fan. I'm fascinated by these tiny machines that have so much style and engineering in them. My first Seiko was bought from Wish.com (you can see where this is going) and was a grade-a Feiko.  I shared my story and a kind Reddit user offered to trade me my Feiko for his hand built 7750 clone chronograph. I was hooked. I've now modded a few Seikos and have begun amassing tools for repair. I've become the guy at work who can change batteries and fix bracelets.  All in all it's been very rewarding.  I've come here as a lurker plenty, but have a question today so I thought it'd be best to say hi here first.
    • By AGS
      Hi all. 
      I'm pretty new to watches. I've only been collecting for about a year. In that time I've found myself gravitating towards vintage watches from Japan and Russia. 
      After hearing about this site I decided to buy a few Chinese watches to modify. 
      When I feel ready I'll start making 'bespoke' Chinese watches for me, my friends and my family.
      Cheers!
    • By AlamoJoe
      Hello,
      I'm located on the East Coast of the US in the Greater Philadelphia Area. Home of the Philly Cheese Steak, the Liberty Bell, commuter traffic and a world class local Philly accent.
      I am a neophyte hobbyist in the world of horological dissection. I have tools (and want more), magnification, lighting, and an Ikea Tray on the dining room table for my workbench.
      I'm learning mechanical movements and am currently disassembling a Tissot 670 Chronograph (Analog and Digital) in order to replace a missing pusher. I'm interested in gathering info on what the procedure is to give it a thorough service. Not sure about replacing all the o-rings on the other existing 3 pushers and crown assembly...you will see my traffic on this project shortly.
      v/r
      AlamoJoe
    • By FredS
      Hi, I’m Fred.
      I’ve  recently started collecting watches. I’m interested in the moon-phase watches . To support my habit I buy bulk lots. To repair and sell. Sometimes I run across a gem.
    • By SleeprWatchr
      I've been watching Watch Repair Channel on YouTube and am subscribed to that. I really like Mark's teaching style.  I have been collecting watches for about 10 years. I had to stop actively collecting for financial reasons for a while but my collection has doubled in the past year and now I have to learn more. I've always had to tinker with whatever I was interested in, taking things apart and putting them back together and building things has been something positive I gained from my dad. So now I need the knowledge to work on my watches new and vintage. Thank you for the community of help here in this forum!